Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1051552 times)

Offline baxxy

• I live here
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #6360 on: 09 November 2013, 20:27 »
Looking good mate but I wouldn't put a splitter on it and I would defo paint them front grills black o and put the center caps back on the Bbs   :smiley:

Offline Winniee

• Here all the time
« Reply #6361 on: 09 November 2013, 20:37 »
Looking good mate but I wouldn't put a splitter on it and I would defo paint them front grills black o and put the center caps back on the Bbs   :smiley:

Cheers bud.

I keep forgetting to grab the ones from my 2l but I have noticed it mysself and not a fan. Doesn't help it's a bad paint job either!

The bbs caps are shot, I bought some 60mm VW clip in caps but they come off pretty easy, think it's gunna need some bodging haha.

GolfGTIForum Build Thread -
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=263142.0

Something breaks? Upgrade it!

Offline baxxy

• I live here
« Reply #6362 on: 09 November 2013, 20:39 »
Put the black grill on off your black car aswel will set them Anni lights off a treat :cool:

Offline Winniee

• Here all the time
« Reply #6363 on: 09 November 2013, 20:41 »
Put the black grill on off your black car aswel will set them Anni lights off a treat :cool:

I was thinking that but think one of the tabs has broke. Think the flat black would probably be better anyway rather than the LC9Z

Offline brewey

• I live here
« Reply #6364 on: 09 November 2013, 22:02 »
Don't worry about broken tabs man, you could use the backing off the jazz blue grill the front just unclips.
2000 1.8T ARZ - OEM+

Offline Winniee

• Here all the time
« Reply #6365 on: 09 November 2013, 23:06 »
Ok man, will grab it tomorrow and see how it is. Not a fan of the chrome badge with the black though

Offline tomparkes

• Not said much yet
  • OEM+
« Reply #6366 on: 11 November 2013, 21:30 »
The bbs caps are shot, I bought some 60mm VW clip in caps but they come off pretty easy, think it's gunna need some bodging haha.

Get some 65mm caps from the Bay, sand down the clips on the back by about 5mm so the cap sits flush in the hole, then using a hot glue gun from the back you can stick them in there good and proper. I've done that to mine and it looks decent IMO (they'll come out with some isopropyl alcohol on the glue, so they're not stuck in there forever either!):

2004 1.8T AUM | CM Silicone Hoses | Pipercross Panel Filter | Smoothed Stock Airbox | Weitec Ultra GT -40mm Springs & Shocks | Genuine 18" Anni BBS RC's | Anni GTI Front Grill Badge | Sharan Rear Badge | Polo Stubby Aerial | Black Centre Console

My Build Thread

Offline tomparkes

• Not said much yet
  • OEM+
« Reply #6367 on: 11 November 2013, 21:34 »
Here's a pic of my 1.8T AUM (2004, 50k miles) - bought as standard amost a year ago, and now starting to take shape. Still got a load more mods planned, it's just a case of finding the time and money :shocked:

2004 1.8T AUM | CM Silicone Hoses | Pipercross Panel Filter | Smoothed Stock Airbox | Weitec Ultra GT -40mm Springs & Shocks | Genuine 18" Anni BBS RC's | Anni GTI Front Grill Badge | Sharan Rear Badge | Polo Stubby Aerial | Black Centre Console

My Build Thread

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #6368 on: 11 November 2013, 21:45 »
Can't remember if I've posted these ones in here yet so I'll do it again anyway :grin:

Offline BradfordAndy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6369 on: 12 November 2013, 08:45 »
I need air!!! :cry: