Author Topic: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website  (Read 17657 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website
« Reply #80 on: 15 February 2012, 16:11 »
Have recently found out the next GTI will have 135 bhp while the GTI will be 100 kg lighter thanks to the lighter roof.
This will make for incredible handling while the car will feel a lot quicker also.

Well that's it then. I'm out  :angry:

:grin:

I'm assuming you mean 235hp?

Nah... they are going to remove 75 horsies and make it 135hp as it only weighs 100kg. It'll be rocket powered. :evil:
« Last Edit: 15 February 2012, 16:27 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 15 February 2012, 17:05 »
I'm assuming you mean 235hp?
Sorry about that , yes you are right 235bhp.

Why are you out ?

Just a wee joke about it only having 135hp, don't worry  :smiley:.

Offline JulesS3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #82 on: 16 February 2012, 09:29 »
New S3 is rumoured to have 300bhp, which would mean the R (being an S3 in a dress) will have 300bhp. So the GTI could have more power.

Jimmymature

« Reply #83 on: 16 February 2012, 11:01 »
New S3 is rumoured to have 300bhp, which would mean the R (being an S3 in a dress) will have 300bhp. So the GTI could have more power.

LOL, typical Audi driver! Why would the R be an S3? Why wouldnt the S3 be an R in a dress?  I know it is now as the S3 came out years and years ago but these cars are yet to be designed....

Jim

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 16 February 2012, 11:34 »
New S3 is rumoured to have 300bhp, which would mean the R (being an S3 in a dress superhero outfit) will have 300bhp.

Slight correction...
« Last Edit: 16 February 2012, 11:35 by SilverChariot »
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline JulesS3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 16 February 2012, 14:11 »
 :laugh:

The R is alot newer than the S3, so the new S3 will come out first and then the R will be based on it again. Simples.

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 16 February 2012, 15:06 »

The R is alot newer than the S3, so the new S3 will come out first and then the R will be based on it again. Simples.

Or the S3 will come out first, then once all the niggles have been sorted the R will be released as the perfected version.  :wink:

And then Audi will get their pants in a twist that the R is a better car than the S3 and release a new RS3 just so they can be the attention grabbing hot hatch makers that they secretly are.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #87 on: 16 February 2012, 16:13 »

No you have got that wrong the TT is a Golf in dress
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline JulesS3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #88 on: 16 February 2012, 17:20 »

Or the S3 will come out first, then once all the niggles have been sorted the R will be released as the perfected version.  :wink:

And then Audi will get their pants in a twist that the R is a better car than the S3 and release a new RS3 just so they can be the attention grabbing hot hatch makers that they secretly are.

Heres hoping, i will be purchasing an RS3 as my next car in a few years so a newer one is great!

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 16 February 2012, 21:47 »

No you have got that wrong the TT is a Golf in dress

That's a bit of a stretch. The TT shares underpinnings but it's hardly a Golf in a dress. If you are going along the 'it's prettier' route then the Scirocco is the Golf in pretty clothing, but the TT is a 2+2, not a 5 passenger hatchback like the a3 and Golf.