Author Topic: MK7 GTI vs M135i  (Read 78379 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI vs M135i
« Reply #320 on: 01 October 2013, 21:58 »
Looks awesome! And that leather is  :drool:

Thanks, I'll admit I nearly bottled it and went for the black leather, so glad I went with my heart. It looks fantastic in the flesh.

If I was ordering a bmw that's the leather I'd go for as it's pure class, gives it a proper premium feel and look!

Smells amazing too  :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #321 on: 01 October 2013, 22:15 »
Looks awesome! And that leather is  :drool:

Thanks, I'll admit I nearly bottled it and went for the black leather, so glad I went with my heart. It looks fantastic in the flesh.

If I was ordering a bmw that's the leather I'd go for as it's pure class, gives it a proper premium feel and look!

Smells amazing too  :grin:

And sounds great too - the car that is, not the leather! Saw one in the same colour one day last week when I left off work and the driver was clearly enjoying it and making it 'sing'. :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #322 on: 01 October 2013, 22:27 »
Sounds great.  I haven't listened to mine from the outside, will have to get the wife to rev it while I stand at the back.  Is it the stock exhaust you have?  Perhaps it's better sounding because of the manual I guess!

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 01 October 2013, 22:45 »
Sounds great.  I haven't listened to mine from the outside, will have to get the wife to rev it while I stand at the back.  Is it the stock exhaust you have?  Perhaps it's better sounding because of the manual I guess!

Yeah manual, I notice it when engine breaking in second gear quite a lot, and obviously it's loud n fruity when revving in neutral like in the video. I pretty much drive in Sport/Sport+ modes all the time so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #324 on: 01 October 2013, 22:57 »

Yeah manual, I notice it when engine breaking in second gear quite a lot, and obviously it's loud n fruity when revving in neutral like in the video. I pretty much drive in Sport/Sport+ modes all the time so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I will have to have a play!  In theory I can make the auto do the same as a manual using the paddles.  What I haven't tried is doing this and popping the winding down to listen.  Can you hear the exhaust easily with the windows down do you think?  I'll have to test it out tomorrow!

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #325 on: 01 October 2013, 23:00 »

I will have to have a play!  In theory I can make the auto do the same as a manual using the paddles.  What I haven't tried is doing this and popping the winding down to listen.  Can you hear the exhaust easily with the windows down do you think?  I'll have to test it out tomorrow!

In second engine breaking for a junction/roundabout or indeed free revving I can hear with the windows up, not loud like it is from outside the rear of the car but I can detect the popping and frapping. Haven't tried with window down, the car so well insulated it's never gonna be loud in the cabin though.