Author Topic: Best Golf R or CS Discounts  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: Best Golf R or CS Discounts
« Reply #90 on: 07 May 2021, 20:34 »
I have just managed to get an approx £5000 discount from a local dealer on my order for a MK8 Golf R, with the following configuration:  Lapiz Blue, Performance Pack, Winter Pack, Discover Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon Sound System, Side Air Bags, DCC, Heads Up Display, Rear View Camera, Extended Service Plan and Paint Protection. 

Delivery will be around October/November all going well.  I know its still over the £40K price, but you only live once.   :wink:

As a side note I found Coast 2 Coast gave better deals than DTD  and Car Wow. But as a side note 'Evo1986' is also a bit of a legend and gave me a quote which was really tempting. 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 07 May 2021, 22:03 »
I'd forget about the paint protection supplied by the dealer and put it towards a proper application with a detailer rather than Supagard/Lifeshine etc.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #92 on: 07 May 2021, 22:23 »
I'd forget about the paint protection supplied by the dealer and put it towards a proper application with a detailer rather than Supagard/Lifeshine etc.

Don't waste your money on that rubbish.

I always do the same.

Kamikaze - zipang/miyabi/zipang in that order
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #93 on: 07 May 2021, 22:36 »
NavPro?

You really ordered NavPro?

Could have saved yourself sixteen hundred quid just there....

I'm not just dissing it because I don't think it's worth it, it literally gives you bugger all.

The mk7 ones i had at least gave you a bigger screen, now it doesn't and costs twice as much as it used to!
« Last Edit: 07 May 2021, 22:39 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #94 on: 08 May 2021, 05:31 »
I know its still over the £40K price  :wink:

Don’t you mean £50k?  :shocked:  :laugh: (as far as list goes = RFL)

Still, when you’re throwing that much at the car a few hundred a year extra tax pales into insignificance.
Great spec Brendan, shame Oryx still isn’t available for you just yet. Maybe before the spec is locked for production they’ll have opened up a good few more colours.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 08 May 2021, 06:39 »
I tried different configs early on in looking for discount and thought wasn't much more with nav pro so thought bugger it tick the box seeing as over £40K anyway even if not get much more for the money as discount is covering it and will hold on to car a good few years.

List price without discount would have been just around £46K to £47ish.  But have saved all cash and waited 5 years for new car. So why not have a big blow out on frivolous options if get big discount.

Would have been good to have Oryx White, but quite like Lapiz Blue as well.  Will hopefully be able to let you have a nose around it this time exonian pandemic permitting. 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #96 on: 08 May 2021, 08:27 »
If your car is being built to spec and build week isn't locked in, i'd get shot of the paint protection and the NavPro. That £1600 NavPro is probably costing you £1400 after discount and the paint protection £350/400. There's plenty of time to knock them off your order.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 08 May 2021, 09:45 »
Yep tax is based on list price so Lapiz Blue makes it over anyway which is bloody annoying

MK7 GTi

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #98 on: 08 May 2021, 10:03 »
I tried different configs early on in looking for discount and thought wasn't much more with nav pro so thought bugger it tick the box seeing as over £40K anyway even if not get much more for the money as discount is covering it and will hold on to car a good few years.

But its literally giving you nothing you use, other than "maps on two screens at once".... 1600 quid (even if you've got an amazing discount to say 1100 quid)...

VW really have screwed that option up even more than they did on the Mk7/7.5 when they gave all Mk8's the big display screen regardless of whether you have Pro or not.

Sure you've chucked some money at your spec and its your money but I'd honestly say take that option off and pick something else... literally anything else or keep the cash for some mods afterwards - maybe a roof wrap or something.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #99 on: 08 May 2021, 11:47 »

List price without discount would have been just around £46K to £47ish.  But have saved all cash and waited 5 years for new car. So why not have a big blow out on frivolous options if get big discount.

Would have been good to have Oryx White, but quite like Lapiz Blue as well.  Will hopefully be able to let you have a nose around it this time exonian pandemic permitting.

Once you cross that psychological barrier £40k threshold and accept you’re paying an extra £325 (?) a year then you might as well just spec the car as far as you wish to go, especially if you’re going to hang onto it.

When I had my Ed40 I’d always planned the next move to be a well specced R and accepted I’d be fleeced for the pleasure. Unfortunately the mk8 got delayed and delayed and life took a different turn or three so a different path was taken.
As we move more and more towards electrification an ICE swan-song or two won’t go amiss!

It’s painful paying it in one go but it’s only £6.25 a week after all  :whistle:
Paying cash means the upfront discount more than makes up for the car tax.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner