Author Topic: Mk8 Clubsport Squeaking/Creaking noise front right driver side  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Guycav87

• Just got here
Hello
looking to see if anyone has encountered the same issue im having currently and is either still having the issue or has had it fixed and the issue has gone?.
car has been in to the dealer a fourth time now and is currently still with them as they have no clue what is causing it.
the noise happens on any road type, over speed bumps and mainly at lower speeds especially when turning left as downward force is on right side.
it sounds like an issue with the mount, as its like rubber squeaking/creaking but it sounds like its coming from middle to bottom of suspension.
they can replicate the noise but are scratching heads.
i am at my wits end now & debating rejecting it as i had to do with my Mk8 GTI back in April, never had an issue with VW up until the Mk8, disappointing & frustrated with it all.

Offline Andy Gibbs

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 Clubsport Squeaking/Creaking noise front right driver side
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2021, 09:10 »
Sadly I have had much experience with this sort of thing.

If you have identified the problem then VW should (and in my case always do) Strip down the offending part and replace most obvious items first until gone.

It will be the only way.

Mine went in for a software upgrade today.

The issue number is the same at 1666.

I assume its had a patch. It will go in again 2/11 for another upgrade. It will keep going back until correct.

Sadly I have discovered this to be VW ownership. I was told the faults are because of COVID. I do not buy that. If it is not right then don't sell it.

I was really lucky this week and spoke to a 999 controller as the dub kindly rang them for me. I could not hang up.

The control room did it from their end.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2021, 09:16 by Andy Gibbs »

Offline Guycav87

• Just got here
Re: Mk8 Clubsport Squeaking/Creaking noise front right driver side
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2021, 09:17 »
My Mk8 GTI had serious software faults with sensors and my whole dash blacked out while driving and i thought thats enough, rejecting it and VW took it off me, then i bought the clubsport and i had very minor software issues but 2 updates since and it seems to have sorted it i hope.
the noise issue i told the dealer that lubrication of parts is now redundant as its not worked 3 times and that parts need to be changed to rectify issue, they told me they need to justify changing parts, i was so annoyed, they just dont want to spend and literally plaster over the issue

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit