Author Topic: MK3 golf driver , vr6 conversion advice . and hella quad advice needed  (Read 16727 times)

Offline nightroamer

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 16v
im not going to be telling my insurance about my swap

you can proberly get a gearbox on ebay for £50.

:shocked: you might aswell cancel your policy then for what good it will be.

The only reason i have an insurance policy is so i dont get trouble from the police, the cover i dont care about, plus i have a milltek exhaust so my insurance is void anyway, also i gt standard alloy wheels that arnt declared so they wont payout anyway. Just dont see the point in declaring the vr + im only third party.

Jesus, what a pleb...

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Holy thread resurection.  :rolleyes:

All the fronting has cost me A LOT on insurance. My mum drives my car far more then I do but I have to be the policy holder due to all the fronters, the main risk is now the main driver.

Even though yes this is fronting in reverse but because they get more money they don't care. :rolleyes: As I nastilly explained the the twit from my insurance on the phone.

I pay another £480 because it's lowered, has an exhaust and body modifications.

I don't appreciate wayne kerrs like the thread OP not doing it.

Infact might see my car stock height soon to save a big whack of cash.  :cry:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline mani12354

• Here all the time
forget that mate , i wouldnt ever do my conversion without insuring it , thats just awful . i got a quote of 2200 from adrian flux with evrything declared which isnt bad as im 20 with 0 no claims  . and now im giving up on the idea lol il just wait til im older .

I'm 19 with a years no claims and Bell wanted £1200 to insure my VR6 Highline

what how??? im 22 driving for 4 years 2 years no claims or accidents mine like 2500