Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789270 times)

Offline simonjj

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #990 on: 08 April 2016, 16:10 »
Yes, i've enabled it on mine, works fine.
Mk7 GTD, 3 door, night blue, 19" Neuspeed RSE10

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #991 on: 09 April 2016, 00:47 »
Here its here. I don't think you can get it for the front just the rear.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-56.html#post1154325

Great thanks for the link has anyone bother to do it?  Also is it possible for the fronts as well?
[/b]

If your car has incandescent headlight assemblies, then the tweak can be found  below:
Don
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-post1162988.html#post1162988

« Last Edit: 09 April 2016, 00:49 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #992 on: 09 April 2016, 08:48 »
Dv52 do you know if any of these tweaks will work on a tiguan? Mine has bi xenons up front but only normal halogen rears. Was thinking of replacing the rears with genuine led ones.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Optimus prime

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #993 on: 09 April 2016, 10:52 »
I think the mod from dv52 regarding the front maybe illegal or an mot failure over here?

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #994 on: 09 April 2016, 22:44 »
Dv52 do you know if any of these tweaks will work on a tiguan? Mine has bi xenons up front but only normal halogen rears. Was thinking of replacing the rears with genuine led ones.

mcmaddy: These tweaks (i.e."Leuchte programming" changes) will generally apply to cars that are built on a MQB platform. I don't think that the Tiguan is such a vehicle.
Don

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #995 on: 09 April 2016, 22:51 »
I think the mod from dv52 regarding the front maybe illegal or an mot failure over here?

Optus prime: OK, I'm not familiar with your rules in the UK, but I did have a read of our ADRs and it seemed to me that our rules are silent on the legality of the tweak (the counter blinking effect is not contemplated in our ADRs). Of course, I'm taking no responsibility for this claim and anyone intending to implement my tweaks (in Australia) should satisfy themselves in this regard.

Just out of interest, what part of your rules do you beleive that it transgresses?

Don

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #996 on: 10 April 2016, 00:24 »

I would say they are illegal as you are indicating with the amber light and flashing with the DRL. I would like to see the insurance claim form explain that to the puzzled driver that pulls across anyone with it enabled. I had it on mine for about 5minutes along with the rears but the front's were taken off as just asking for trouble.

A better option would be the mirrors to flash in opposite phase to the front......

Offline Optimus prime

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #997 on: 10 April 2016, 00:40 »

I would say they are illegal as you are indicating with the amber light and flashing with the DRL. I would like to see the insurance claim form explain that to the puzzled driver that pulls across anyone with it enabled. I had it on mine for about 5minutes along with the rears but the front's were taken off as just asking for trouble.

A better option would be the mirrors to flash in opposite phase to the front......

Yes that's what I was getting at I think it states that you not allowed to signal with anything other than an amber colour.  This is why US cars over here have to have the red signalling lights changed

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #998 on: 10 April 2016, 06:20 »

Yes that's what I was getting at I think it states that you not allowed to signal with anything other than an amber colour.  This is why US cars over here have to have the red signalling lights changed

OK - isn't it interesting how some see the opposite to others? Both your views are that the counter blinking indicators are confusing, whereas my position is that the lighting arrangement reinforces the intention of the driver to turn in a particular direction. I've had the tweak implemented for quite a while now and my experience is that oncoming traffic has benefitted by my counter blinking arrangement - I've never had the impression that other drivers have been confused - if anything, I get the impression that they are clearer  about my intention to turn. But hey, my intention is not to "sell" the tweak - you have raised legitimate concerns which should be considered by anyone before they proceed!

Interesting that your local rules are so  specific about turn signals (i.e. they are so sophisticated that when written, they contemplated counter blinking/ unison blinking of multiple lamps), then definitely - don't implement the tweak!!

But I'm surprised that you left the rear tail tweak activated? Surely the same rules apply for the rear of the car - with the tail light tweak enabled, doesn't the red outer tail flashing with the amber turn signal light fall foul of the same, multi-indicator light  rule?

Offline Optimus prime

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #999 on: 10 April 2016, 10:34 »

OK - isn't it interesting how some see the opposite to others? Both your views are that the counter blinking indicators are confusing, whereas my position is that the lighting arrangement reinforces the intention of the driver to turn in a particular direction. I've had the tweak implemented for quite a while now and my experience is that oncoming traffic has benefitted by my counter blinking arrangement - I've never had the impression that other drivers have been confused - if anything, I get the impression that they are clearer  about my intention to turn. But hey, my intention is not to "sell" the tweak - you have raised legitimate concerns which should be considered by anyone before they proceed!

Interesting that your local rules are so  specific about turn signals (i.e. they are so sophisticated that when written, they contemplated counter blinking/ unison blinking of multiple lamps), then definitely - don't implement the tweak!!

But I'm surprised that you left the rear tail tweak activated? Surely the same rules apply for the rear of the car - with the tail light tweak enabled, doesn't the red outer tail flashing with the amber turn signal light fall foul of the same, multi-indicator light  rule?

Not if you have led rear indicators which are made up each side of a group of 2.  Instead of both flashing together when turning the inner flashes then the outer giving a much better image.  In addition they are both amber.  I think the general rule is they must be amber & flash as you will fail an not over here if your flashing relay has failed and your indicators become static.

As below:

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_140.htm
« Last Edit: 10 April 2016, 10:37 by Optimus prime »