Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789266 times)

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #130 on: 23 October 2013, 17:02 »
Yes, in London and happy to help - but you need to come around to the east side of the North Circular I'm at the bottom of the M11 A12 A406 junction

Great thanks doug  :smiley: Will pm you

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #131 on: 23 October 2013, 22:42 »
Anyone in and around Brum to get some of these tweaks or by whipps cross hospital in walthamstow   In London once every other month.

Should add I would obviously £££
« Last Edit: 23 October 2013, 22:52 by Misterp »
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #132 on: 24 October 2013, 10:07 »
There is an owners list on this forum that might help you or there is this list from the Briskoda site

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 24 October 2013, 13:53 »
Whilst not strictly a VCDS mod par se, I'm going to give this mod a go probably over Christmas when I'm next off. It's replacing the lower door red reflectors with proper active lights.

I did this mod in my previous Scirocco and all I needed to do was buy the light modules, some repair wires and 2 connectors from VW parts department (think the whole thing came to £20 ish). Just 2 wires from the lights need to be fed into the door control module, then adding them into the door module coding using VCDS. They look like this when done (this is my old Scirocco). As it happens, I removed the units from the Scirocco before part exchanging it, so I still have them in the garage.I've done a dry run, and the light units fit perfectly, and the red reflectors part number is exactly the same as the Scirocco / Golf 5 and Golf 6.

Door Light by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Now the new Audi A3 (8V), doesn't come with reflectors, but instead active door lights. I've checked ETKA and the circuit diagrams for both the A3 (8V) and the Golf 7 (5P), and they seem to share the same module, it's just that VW have decided not to use the door warning lights at all. Checking the diagram, Terminal 16 of the 32pin connector is the one that sends power to the door lights. It's wired up on the A3 but left empty on the Golf. The negative is the shared negative that the whole door module uses.

When I get round to doing it, I'll post up more photos and a how to for everyone. I know some people will say it's not needed because of the ambient lighting, but being illuminated red straight on, and white light straight down, really makes the door stand out at night and provides quite a bit of additional floor illumination at the rear of the door area.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2013, 17:09 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #134 on: 24 October 2013, 14:15 »
Wow.... Really looking forward to this mod!  :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #135 on: 24 October 2013, 19:53 »
did this on my tiguan and while it looked better than the reflectors the door card poppers never went on the same after. would be great if it could be done without removing the for card. you can get led ones now too instead of the bulb type.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 25 October 2013, 15:57 »
Do you have the motorway mode or Autobahnlicht on the Gti's, I know full led mk3 leons have it but not halogen ones?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Aerort

• Just got here
« Reply #137 on: 26 October 2013, 21:50 »
Hi guys this thread has been very helpful. Been waiting ages for something like this. I am looking for the following if anyone has found the coding for them yet....
1. There is an advanced "advanced settings" menu that you can activate on your radio, which allows you to enable alternate frequency search... Apparently a fix for bad radio reception reported on some MkVII.
2. I have installed the rear view camera, but am struggling to find coding to display it on the screen.
Can anyone help???

Offline JustMk7GTI

• Just got here
« Reply #138 on: 30 October 2013, 09:37 »
hi guys, anyone knows how to code the LED rear lights? My Mk7 GTI doesn't come with LED rear lights and i want to buy them from ebay and then code it.

Please help

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #139 on: 31 October 2013, 09:40 »
Guys,

its getting flippin annoying with the auto start-stop function.
Does anyone know how to disable this function permanently?

(don't get wrong, I am well aware what it does and the benefit that it brings to the fuel consumption blah blah blah......)

Just hoping that this could be disable for good .....  :angry: