Author Topic: Hurdy's American Brother...  (Read 4482 times)

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
Re: Hurdy's American Brother...
« Reply #20 on: 14 August 2008, 17:59 »
im looking into some new breaks at the mo and the guy who fitted my milltek, JMR in Littlehampton, supplies Porsche breaks which i think would look rather cool on my ed30 not had a price yet as he is on hol, but imagine they are gonna be pricey!  :shocked:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 14 August 2008, 19:14 »
im looking into some new breaks at the mo and the guy who fitted my milltek, JMR in Littlehampton, supplies Porsche breaks which i think would look rather cool on my ed30 not had a price yet as he is on hol, but imagine they are gonna be pricey!  :shocked:

Anywhere between £1.5k and £2k for regular Porker 6 pots  :shocked:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2008, 20:33 »

What about these.  :smiley:

http://www.fischermotorsport.de/Tuning/VW/VW-Golf-Mk5/Porsche-big-brake-kit-VW-Golf-Mk5-6.10618.html

Offline MAT ed30

• I live here

EDITION 30 NUMBER:- 1038 ,Forge dv,ecs dog bone insert,Tints,inpro smoked indicators,panel filter,Black badge,Black roof,Black wing mirrors,REVO stage 2,Blueflame TBE,neuspeed arb,Neuspeed drop links,KW V3,S3 Intercooler,VWR clutch and LSD,VWR 6 pot brakes,1956 vw beetle (2332cc)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2008, 20:45 »

Offline gazbutmk5gti

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2008, 21:01 »
speakin to a good friend of mine who works/worked at awesome he said it would be difficult to recommend the porsche brake kit, it looks better than it really is
Revo stg2+ & lots more

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 August 2008, 21:02 »
Cheer's Gaz i knew it was to good to be true

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 August 2008, 21:06 »
i would suggest anyone thinking of fitting bigger brakes should look carefully into it, and only use tried and tested sets like the AP 4 pots etc, i had AP 6 pots on my old car and they were awesome at stopping, BUT they used to grind occasionally which really did my head in (this trait apparently doesn't occur on the AP 4 pots)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 14 August 2008, 21:06 »
The Awesome GTI EDC Porsche upgrade is meant for the 4 X 4 Cayenne and not the Porsche 911 or Boxster. As such I don't recommend it either.

When I asked about the price of them they said the price was £1,350 plus VAT plus fitting, this was immediately followed by Mark saying "Do you want my TAROX 10 pots for £1k fitted?"........The rest is history :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 August 2008, 21:14 »
The Awesome GTI EDC Porsche upgrade is meant for the 4 X 4 Cayenne and not the Porsche 911 or Boxster. As such I don't recommend it either.

When I asked about the price of them they said the price was £1,350 plus VAT plus fitting, this was immediately followed by Mark saying "Do you want my TAROX 10 pots for £1k fitted?"........The rest is history :grin:

So logically your next post will say TC do you want my 10 pots for £700  :laugh: