Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 5832 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Hey all
« Reply #20 on: 17 January 2008, 13:07 »
£550 for the LSD, but how much to fit the thing?

Can anyone explain how the LSD works.. i am intrigued :nerd:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 17 January 2008, 13:36 »

Not 100% sure if im right but its worth a try, i think the car has a little computer or something and if the car is turning left, the outer wheel spins quicker than the inside wheel allowing the car to travel around the corner or turn quicker? Something along those lines i think? Remember reading it when i was considering getting myself a Megane R26....nice car imo....except the massive asss!!

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 17 January 2008, 13:49 »

Not 100% sure if im right but its worth a try, i think the car has a little computer or something and if the car is turning left, the outer wheel spins quicker than the inside wheel allowing the car to travel around the corner or turn quicker? Something along those lines i think? Remember reading it when i was considering getting myself a Megane R26....nice car imo....except the massive asss!!

Quaife LSD is a meachanical "fit and forget" LSD. It simply transfers power to the wheel with the most grip. It acts faster than the ESP in the golf and so works in harmony with it. It enables you to corner faster and accellerate faster. The traction control in the GTI (and others) actually REDUCES the power to the wheels as they lose grip and so having an LSD goes some way to counteracting a heavy right foot. :nerd:

Fitted it costs around £1,300.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 17 January 2008, 15:41 »

Quaife LSD is a meachanical "fit and forget" LSD. It simply transfers power to the wheel with the most grip. It acts faster than the ESP in the golf and so works in harmony with it. It enables you to corner faster and accellerate faster. The traction control in the GTI (and others) actually REDUCES the power to the wheels as they lose grip and so having an LSD goes some way to counteracting a heavy right foot. :nerd:

So would i be right in saying that its not really going to increase you straight line speed??

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 17 January 2008, 15:47 »

So would i be right in saying that its not really going to increase you straight line speed??

You would see a definite benefit in straight line speed in the wet from a standing start and in the dry it can knock a couple of hundredths off your 0-60, but that's about it. The LSD is more about Broad blasts and trackday times rather than straight line drags. :nerd:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 17 January 2008, 15:52 »

You would see a definite benefit in straight line speed in the wet from a standing start and in the dry it can knock a couple of hundredths off your 0-60, but that's about it. The LSD is more about Broad blasts and trackday times rather than straight line drags. :nerd:

Im suprised the Gti didnt come with this in the first place!! They must be saving it for the MKVI!

Offline k4ith

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 17 January 2008, 21:30 »
Got any requests?

Give me a name and I will create a sig with the lady in it.  :kiss:

how about her and maybe some Grey ed30's for a sig pic, oh that will be for me then oh master of the photoshop.

MKV Golf GTI Edition30, GIAC Pump&Race Map, AutoTech Fuel Pump, R32 Front Brakes, Dbilas Flo-master Intake, S3 Intercooler.ECS Dog Bone Insert.
MKII GTI 8v Tornado Red 88 - Das Projekt

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2008, 07:23 »
Will see if I can make you one tonight K4ith. But could I get her name please?
Just busy uploading mine. Hope it works.

Testing 1

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2008, 07:28 »
yay!  :grin:
It worked. Hope nobody takes offence. Not my greatest work. Was pretty busy last night so tried to update it quickly.

And honestly. Im not a master of Photoshop. Anything but. lol.

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2008, 07:55 »
I cant see anything lol

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!