Author Topic: My random posting about minor irritations...  (Read 5474 times)

Offline phil1101

• Not said much yet
Re: My random posting about minor irritations...
« Reply #20 on: 18 September 2007, 16:31 »
Minor issues for me are the creaks/rattles from the center dash top vent area and the average quality of the standard sound system, plus if I were to spec the vehicle myself rather than buy used I would have had zenons and the highline comp! All else is fairly pleasing.....!! :wink:
Before: GTI Reflex Silver, DSG, Leather, BBS VZ 18's, Cruise, Ipod. Now A4 Sline SE 220 Avant quattro.

Phil mcavity

« Reply #21 on: 18 September 2007, 17:57 »
i have to say, the funniest thing in mine i love is if im in a town centre at the front of a cue at pedestrian crossing, is activating the bi-xeon headlamp washers with lots of screeen wash (gets very soapy with high concentration) when young chavs walk infront of the car. Oh boy the reaction is pricless!!  :wink:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #22 on: 18 September 2007, 18:14 »
I just thought of something that annoys me.... the way you have to 'park' the wipers before you can lift them away from the windscreen - already scratched the bonnet when I accidently hit the wiper stalk when I was cleaning  :angry:

Yebut, they are like that to improve aerodynamic efficiency.  Just look at your own sig pic, and play "spot the wipers".

And another thing, the wobbly headlamp washer jet that I keep catching when washing - think thats a warranty issue on the first service though..

If it is the painted cap which is sitting slightly proud of the bumper, then they are easy, but fiddly to adjust.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 18 September 2007, 18:15 »
i have to say, the funniest thing in mine i love is if im in a town centre at the front of a cue at pedestrian crossing, is activating the bi-xeon headlamp washers with lots of screeen wash (gets very soapy with high concentration) when young chavs walk infront of the car. Oh boy the reaction is pricless!!  :wink:

Sweet.  :laugh:  :laugh:

It is probably the only time the Chavs actually have a shower!  :shocked:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 18 September 2007, 18:39 »
My only real complaint would be the boot release... although it looks nice, in winter it gets covered with soot and so does your hand when u open/close. In addition to the water mark left after a wash as mentioned before!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 18 September 2007, 19:54 »
My only real complaint would be the boot release... although it looks nice, in winter it gets covered with soot and so does your hand when u open/close. In addition to the water mark left after a wash as mentioned before!

What other design would you suggest?  I reckon that any kind of boot release will get cruddy.  What it really needs is something similar to the £30 option on my RS4 - auto boot opening!  :smug:  :smug:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2007, 20:38 »
having to press open on the key twice to open the passanger door, how stupid :huh:

Erm, that is quite a sensible "anti-car-jack" function.  The first press unlocks just the drivers door, and the second unlocks the boot and the remaining doors.  If you don't like it that way, you can go back to the single push to unlock all, via the highline 'puter, a mate with VAG-COM, or a trip to the stealer.

and having to hold the lock button to put up the windows, ( im sorry but if your gonna lock the car your not gonna want to leave the windows open are u, it should do it automatically) :laugh:

Why?  If I'm parked on a secure car park on a hot sunny day, or if someone has left a pet in the car, it is perfectly reasonable to leave the windows open.  You simply release your "hold" on the button when they have reached a desired opening.  :nerd:

sunny england?? :huh:lol

also who lets pets in their gti  :sick: :laugh:

didnt know you can get the one press button though, i dont know about you TT but theres not many car jackers where i live  :drool:

Where I work we have had a couple of attempted car jackings. Usually they nudge your rear bumper at the lights and then ask you to take a look at the damage. Both times it failed and one guy even turned around and chased the guy onto the pavement in his car :shocked:

Noo in Sheffield????:shocked:
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2007, 20:41 »
I just thought of something that annoys me.... the way you have to 'park' the wipers before you can lift them away from the windscreen - already scratched the bonnet when I accidently hit the wiper stalk when I was cleaning  :angry:

Yebut, they are like that to improve aerodynamic efficiency.  Just look at your own sig pic, and play "spot the wipers".

And another thing, the wobbly headlamp washer jet that I keep catching when washing - think thats a warranty issue on the first service though..

If it is the painted cap which is sitting slightly proud of the bumper, then they are easy, but fiddly to adjust.

How can you adjust the headlamp washer cap if it sits a little proud TT?
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 19 September 2007, 10:14 »

How can you adjust the headlamp washer cap if it sits a little proud TT?

Yeah how? Its this little cap that sticks out at one corner on mine, therefore not sitting flush, catches when washing, any tips how to fix this gratefully received!   :smiley:
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #29 on: 19 September 2007, 16:14 »
I read a post on VWVortex about the door edges on the Golfs actually bending when you open them, if its been snowing? Apparently VW will fix it for free but how annoying must that be? You gotta remove the ice else it bends the bottom tips of the door when you open it?

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.