Author Topic: Worlds Worse VW Garage! Good work cowboys!  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: Worlds Worse VW Garage! Good work cowboys!
« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2006, 00:50 »
yay, someone to share my pain. Sorry to hear you've become another in the growing group of people that have had that kind of work done on their pride and joy.

Designadubs closed workshop a couple of weeks ago saying... (taken from DD website)

"Evolution of DD

Designadubs no longer offers labour for customers, and therefore the workshop is closed.

We offer the items on the menu to the left, but cannot offer a fitting service

Designadubs has evolved into the development of products and one off items, as soon will be seen with the release of a new website."

I've taken my engine out and put it back in fixing all their f**kups as I go along and some of them you wouldn't believe me! the power wire for my ECU (pretty much one of the most important wires in the car) was pushed into the fuse box where the fuel pump relay goes. then the actual relay replaced holding this wire 'secure'. It's not even a new peice of wire. I think it's been joined 3 times before it leaves the dash area and goes through the speedo cable opening to the ECU.

I had a nose round Richgit's 20vt Mk2 during Edition 38 show last year and his wiring is worse than mine. I think the only reason this is was because mine was a OE ECU so they didn't have to bodge up some loom to run it like Rich's DTA setup.

I've spoken to a number of other people who have just got rid of their cars just to escape the trauma!

I was intending on posting Matt my ECU and management loom back to him and asking for some money to go towards my complete new management system which is costing me about £1300 so my engine actually runs right. No luck of that now :(
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline g60 matt

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2006, 12:09 »
my car went to this place aswell. was in the 4 months long the quoted came back nearly a 1/3 over the quoted parice and with a few bits on it that made no sence like replacing a perfectly fine vw sump with a piss poor gfs sump that doesnt seal. on the other hand my charger was fine mabey because g-werks did it. and when the smaller pully when on the did do the pennies thing but it id make sence, was the easiest way to space the tensioer to ge the belt tight with out hacking stuff up. seamed to run a hit and miss service, story kind of depended who you spoke to.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2006, 22:51 »
yay, someone to share my pain.

Completely feel it mate.  Better keep my eyes open for other problems! :sad:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 27 February 2006, 00:31 »
Monumental W***ers!!

lets hope they dont start up under a new name tho ay? :angry:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 27 February 2006, 01:13 »
Having been there with Dizzie and met the guys I have to say that it is such a shame to hear this. These boys do know their stuff and are very talanted. Unfortunately it appears that in attempting to make money from their talent, they have fallen foul and their business venture has failed. Take a look at their own cars and what they have done with them..........stunning. Unfortunately they don't appear to be able to keep the same level of dedication and commitment to their customers :sad:

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2006, 12:31 »
For people who live in this general area, I can recomend 'Automotive Solutions' just north of Reading Berks. I am not involved with them, just a satisfied customer.

Automotive Solutions
Dragon Cottage, Binfield Heath, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9 4LN
Tel: 0118 948 4868
 :smiley:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2006, 12:39 »
Or voodoo motorsport who are just starting up full time. Expect some quality motors appearing from their workshop. They're having mine in to totally redo my engine
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #17 on: 27 February 2006, 12:55 »
doesn't surprise me in the slightest. when jv told me who you'd gone to for the work, i made that noise that plumbers make when they're about to tell you the cost of replacing your radiator.

glad you're getting it sorted mate.

Judderi

« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2006, 13:08 »
Opps, amended by mistake! Sorry  :embarassed:

Who amended me by mistake?  :angry:
« Last Edit: 28 February 2006, 13:32 by Mk2GTI2.016v »

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #19 on: 27 February 2006, 13:21 »
Got her back now, and pleased that it is all put right. Just need a new fan switch and nearly all done. :smiley:

I still say that every company deserves one off incidents but regular occurences equals a problem.

Anyway, put this 'experience' behind me now and move on.