Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437820 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Time to tidy things up]
« Reply #1390 on: 26 August 2010, 10:01 »
Should have the leccy windows/mirrors in soon!

Debating on whether to take the engine out over the winter (insurance runs out beginning of December, so around then) and tidy the bay to the extreme; smooth it, spray it, clean up the engine, etc. Also would fit a new tdi box and replace all the hoses, re-routing it all, powder coat the boost piping, etc. Generally mint the bay

......or just tidy the bay up a little now. So spray inlet manifold and rocker cover, tidy the wiring, give as best a clean I can and attack the above at a later date.

I'm more for the first plan, maybe get it off the road earlier as I will probably start itching and get impatient!

Other problem is what colors? .....I'm thinking black, white, or something lairy like pink....

Do that and go for White and Red or White and Blue! I'm all for pink but not on your car...

With your R32 Blue exterior, i reckon Inlet Manifold and Rocker Cover in White followed with Blue Samco Hoses and Blue Magnecor HT Leads will look the shiz! :cool:

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1391 on: 26 August 2010, 10:22 »
agree with wherry!!!
do it!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #1392 on: 26 August 2010, 10:33 »
I never understood MEN, who like pink color...

LL, white and blue would be nice ;)
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1393 on: 26 August 2010, 10:41 »
There will be a combo of pink, blue, white and black in the bay. What color things are going to be sprayed is a different story! Won't be a lot of pink, won't see a repeat of Dan's bay.

Project Bay is in the pipeline. Time to start planning and collecting parts. Oooooo I'm getting excited now! :D

zdebx - now I feel ill :sick:  :laugh:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1394 on: 26 August 2010, 10:42 »
Arghh, pink wheels?!?!?

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1395 on: 26 August 2010, 11:06 »
Arghh, pink wheels?!?!?

You really want some pink!  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1396 on: 26 August 2010, 11:11 »
Arghh, pink wheels?!?!?

You really want some pink!  :grin:

Haha, I do! It will go well with the blue, but not going to add much, just a few touches should set it off nicely. White wheels is not happening and neither is silver or grey or anything a safe bet. Not me.

Color coded is about as safe as I'm going with the wheels. There is high chance I'm going to go with something lairy.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1397 on: 26 August 2010, 11:18 »
Why don't you colour code the centres and leave the lips polished? Or go pink centres and polsihed lips?

In the engine bay pop some pink stickers in there too?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1398 on: 26 August 2010, 11:28 »
Why don't you colour code the centres and leave the lips polished? Or go pink centres and polsihed lips?

In the engine bay pop some pink stickers in there too?

Engine bay will only get a touch, nothing crazy. Probably more than a few stickers though :D :evil:

Dishes are staying polished no matter what! Love the dishes, just the centres that will be sprayed. Still undecided on the color though.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1399 on: 08 September 2010, 09:20 »
Not much to update right now, haven't had time to do much really.

I went to R-Tech for the charity day but couldn't get on the rollers, car was too low. Couldn't adjust the coilies either as they are seized.

In other news, got a misfire, typical symptoms of a coilpack problem. Had a few lying around and got given two new ones. Been playing with them and had no luck so far. Runs sweet at 6psi, just doesn't like it when you up the boost.

Shall be getting 4 new ones from the dealership soon, should sort things out. I did check everything else out, PCV system was fine, no split vacuum lines, cleaned the TB... Will throw QPeng an email about it today.

As it is time to tidy things up, I best start sorting out the engine bay!

Car should be going to the bodyshop next month too to have the wheels sprayed and the paintwork sorted.