Author Topic: mk3 heavy...  (Read 9444 times)

golfvr6

Re:mk3 heavy...
« Reply #80 on: 30 December 2003, 23:03 »
But if you intend on any track work the M3 will be you best bet every time.

I noticed evo have lap times for both listed in the back, and they agree with Top Gear that the S4 is around 1s a lap faster,

You've said it yourself , the audi is faster round the track, even the 'bible' says so.
 :-*

kniterider

« Reply #81 on: 30 December 2003, 23:17 »
sorry the porsche 911 is one of the most 'everyday' supercars on the market and if they didnt change the design for 30years or so then they were onto a good thing dont u think????, it is also an 'icon' in the 'supercar' world if it has been 'stacked' more than any others its because they were more affordable so more people could afford them!!!!, jusst my point ive been a vw (aircooled and water fan for years) and (porsche is my 'fav' brand of supercar) all german all quality all hold values!!!enuff said

Offline Bodhi

• GTI forum regular
  • Please make those nasty VR6 owners go away....
« Reply #82 on: 02 January 2004, 22:42 »
But if you intend on any track work the M3 will be you best bet every time.

I noticed evo have lap times for both listed in the back, and they agree with Top Gear that the S4 is around 1s a lap faster,

You've said it yourself , the audi is faster round the track, even the 'bible' says so.
 :-*

I never said it would neccessarily be faster round a track (although remember Autocar found it to be faster by quite some margin), I just said, it would be better, as in a lot more fun (always thought that was the point of trackdays, considering none allow racing). However if beating those pesky understeering S4's really is top of your priorities, fit a set of CSL spec semi-slick Michelin Pilot Sport tyres.

kniterider you are correct when you say that the 911 is the most popular supercar, and this does contribute to the high number that get trashed, however up until about 5-8 years ago, the 911 was also the supercar most likely to stick you in a hedge if you got it wrong because of that engine flung out over the back wheels.
1997 Tornado Red GTi 8v - The Fastest HotBox on Fife's roads.

Modifications -

1 x Kenwood KDC-7024M
1 x Dull Aluminium Golf Ball Gearknob. Clearly worth about 10bhp on its own.

golfvr6

« Reply #83 on: 03 January 2004, 00:25 »
Who cares what Autocar says? i thought evo was the bible?
One of the mags you quoted actually said the steering on the M3 was dull and unresponsive, must depend on what you read.
The S4 obviously grips much better than the M3, as i originally said, but then again thats actually quite obvious, and i didn't need Evo mag to tell me that.

Offline Bodhi

• GTI forum regular
  • Please make those nasty VR6 owners go away....
« Reply #84 on: 03 January 2004, 18:13 »
Heh, Autocar just like to think they're the bible :)

Like you say it all depends on what you read. At the end of the day, just about every mag is in agreement that the M3 is a better car. Sounds like a good place to leave it to me.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2004, 18:13 by Bodhi »
1997 Tornado Red GTi 8v - The Fastest HotBox on Fife's roads.

Modifications -

1 x Kenwood KDC-7024M
1 x Dull Aluminium Golf Ball Gearknob. Clearly worth about 10bhp on its own.