Author Topic: LIGHTENED FLY WHEEL???  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
Re: LIGHTENED FLY WHEEL???
« Reply #70 on: 30 September 2012, 20:37 »
I don't want to attempt to do it as dont want to bugger it up, more hassle in long run.  Plus I dont have a ramp etc

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #71 on: 30 September 2012, 21:08 »
get a quote from local garages (unless you have a mate who has a garage? get the flywheel lightened mate, trust me you will love it. yes i never stalled my car after i learned to drive it but then since i had the flywheel put in, ITS VERY EASY TO STALL THE CAR as mentioned before its light (its hard to explain) even my mate bizzle said how can you stall it, trust me after driving the same car for a week you WILL stall it (like i did today) its very easy to stall and you dont feel the car jump like you normaly would feel with a normal wheel. also on the motorway going uphill your engine speed & car speed will slow down so you need to put your foot down.
go & get the flywheel done and find someone who will do your flywheel & get your clutch checked out aswel (save up & buy parts when you have the money.

DONT RUSH IT :cool:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #72 on: 30 September 2012, 21:16 »
End of the day its a valver - the flywheel will help but its not enough on its own and its mega ££ to get good figures out off

I don't agree.
You can spend £100s on a chip, filter, exhaust etc...and end up with 165ish BHP at best...and on an otherwise standard car, a light flywheel will feel like you have added more power - lots more.

It's not an aluminium flywheel you are adding...so anyone who can drive will be able to adjust.
A de-ramped TB will make the car far more likely to bog down and stall than a light flywheel.

In my view, a light flywheel on a 16v is a win-win mod.

Oh I totally agree with you, my last valver loved it's lightened flywheel - before and after affects when up against a vr was quite noticeable (same vr, driver & road etc)

I'm coming from a modding point of view - to get full potential from a lighter spinning crank you'd want to do more work up top. Like putting good rubber on a set of heavy banded steelies so to speak
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #73 on: 30 September 2012, 21:38 »
Us spec rear spoiler with third break light or flywheel? Lol

Cheers Paul thats really helpful.  Just wish I was mechanically minded like most of u on here :sad:

...and you want a mk2 vr turbo soon?
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #74 on: 30 September 2012, 23:41 »
Us spec rear spoiler with third break light or flywheel? Lol

Cheers Paul thats really helpful.  Just wish I was mechanically minded like most of u on here :sad:

...and you want a mk2 vr turbo soon?

Precisely.

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 02 October 2012, 12:13 »
If i did go bk to a mk 2 or any other modified golf with good power i would just spend the money on a car ith eveything already done to it. :smiley:

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 02 October 2012, 12:16 »
Like u said sharki i will tk my time.....i think i will go with the lightened flywheel as know someone who could do it for good price :smiley:

163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #77 on: 03 October 2012, 18:36 »
is your mk3 16v or 8v? Just take your time mate. Save up get a sachs clutch (dont get a cheapo 1) sachs are realy good trust me. Get your flywheel lightened, save abit more, go garage get them fitted (also new gearbox oil while its of) and enjoy (dont go mad with the 1st few 100miles as you need to bed the clutch in) :smile:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 04 October 2012, 17:32 »
Cheers buddy, I think my clutch is in good working order :smiley:  I will let u know when I get it done  :smiley:

163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)