Author Topic: hella quad headlight HID conversion  (Read 6434 times)

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
Re: hella quad headlight HID conversion
« Reply #20 on: 13 March 2010, 05:53 »
I've had HIDs in my Hellas for the last 8 years at least...
I fitted a kit from VAG Parts years ago, and it's passed an MOT every year since...no issues.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2010, 05:55 »
You choice but they are illegal.

Is it as cut and dried as that?

I know for a new car, it has to have a headlight cleaning facility and automatic levelling...but the laws regarding use seem less clear.
The MOT makes no specific reference to it - as long as the beam pattern is correct.

Unless it's been changed recently.
anyone know for sure?

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2010, 09:00 »

I know for a new car, it has to have a headlight cleaning facility and automatic levelling...but the laws regarding use seem less clear.
The MOT makes no specific reference to it - as long as the beam pattern is correct.

anyone know for sure?

]

The same applies for older cars too, there is a .gov.uk website explaining it. That said, many people run them without issues.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2010, 11:28 »

anyone know for sure?

Finally someone that talks sense, not a 15/16 year old school kid that doesn't have a feckin clue
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 13 March 2010, 11:34 »
Can of worms, can of worms, can of worms.....

Yes it's possible, obviously you are using you car off road only though and an H1 kit fits straight on it. Off road on your dads mates nans farm though, isn't it?

Shut the f**k up Josho, you were all over HID's like a rash when you realised they were an affordable price!!

You even mentioned somewhere you were making some custom headlights to house the HID's. I think you just slag them off all the time because you don't want other people to have what you've got.

Man up, stop talking absolute bo11ocks, and actually get yourself a driving license and a roadworthy car before you start making comments about what's legal and what's not. I'm sure driving your parents cars on the road with no license is perfectly legal isn't it :huh:

Stainesy, HID's are perfectly fine for road use. Yeah people constantly moan about the 'glare' and the fact they blind other road users, but put simply; tough sh!t. Maybe they should buy themselves a set or go to their local opticians because I never EVER have any problems with a car that has HID's coming towards me!

I've had my HID's on my car for OVER a year now, no problems whatsoever, and I hang out in the chavviest places you could ever imagine (Ipswich, Southend, Yarmouth) with police all over the place.

Look mate, don't know what your love attraction is with Josho, but keep it away from me, OK?

Stop being a c*nt, HIDs in Hella twins are 100% illegal, I don't give a flying f**k whether you or anyone else runs them, but stop making out they are all dandy, because at the end of the day they aren't.

Your just butthurt because your little LED idea had already been done by me. :grin:

Immature tw*t.

Funnily enough, Josho is the ONLY person I have ever seen type the word ok, in capital letters.

Go through all of your previous forum posts, got Josho written all over them.

You said your car was dusty mauve, however the car you posted in the thread at the top of the page was mystic blue and the picture was taken from auto traders website rather than hosted on photobucket, obviously because you don't want people finding out your true identity.

The picture of 'you' in the off topic section, also wasn't hosted on photobucket, and also doesn't show your face, clever one, isn't that kinda the point in the thread?

As for the 'switches' idea, I couldn't care less to be honest because; A. You haven't proved it by backing it up with photos and probably never will and B. Your car isn't even on the road so you're going to have fun playing with the switches on your driveway :grin: :grin: :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline flash-derby

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 13 March 2010, 12:04 »
WHOOOO SSAAARRRR joe  :wink:  :grin:  lol

if its got pistons or tits, either way its gonna be expensive

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2010, 12:07 »
He's a complete bellend who thinks he's clever when there's a whole group of us that know the truth.....
Gone but not forgotten;

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2010, 12:27 »
He's a complete bellend who thinks he's clever when there's a whole group of us that know the truth.....

What's that? Evolution?

Oh, and you seem really into the guy.

I've probably driven more cars fully legally on trade insurance then you ever have. You can continue driving in your little 1.6 while I'll happily drive an M5 to work for tyres.  :cool:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2010, 12:49 »

anyone know for sure?

Finally someone that talks sense, not a 15/16 year old school kid that doesn't have a feckin clue

Feel free to sorry sometime, I am a lot older than 15/16 and was only going by the info from previous threads.

Offline SAMOP18

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 13 March 2010, 12:55 »
anybody know of any good VW garages in south yorkshire ... lookin to start an apprenticeship and no better car to work on that a MK2 golf !!!!