Author Topic: Hi I'm new! ** NOW WITH PICS! **  (Read 6653 times)

kells

Re: Hi I'm new! I pick up my '96 Gti on Friday!
« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2010, 21:01 »
 :smiley: hahaha  awww sorry man

Offline flash-derby

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 21 January 2010, 21:09 »
to be honest... i'm sick of looking at your sig.... looks awsome, then i get annoyed lol.

:grin:

feel ya pain bro............ :angry:   lol

if its got pistons or tits, either way its gonna be expensive

gti190

« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2010, 21:10 »
Here are a few pictures of my new toy.  It's my car and one that my hubby had tried to buy on two occasions before - third time lucky eh?

Golf Gti anniversary edition
'P' plate.
Registered January 1997
Standard
Mystic Blue (purple?   :huh:  )

I think the first owner must have been a car enthusiast or collector because in the car's first four years it covered only 2000 miles!

This car was then purchased by the in-laws of hubby's work colleague.  They were the 2nd owners and purchased the car in December 2000 for £10,995.  He was a car buff and during his ownership the car was cherished and garaged.  It was only sold because the family needed a spacious car to ferry around an elderly family member.

Hubby was offered first refusal to purchase this car during 2002 but at the time was not in a position to afford it.  A work colleague of his bought it and paid around 6k for it.

In the past 7 years the car has been used as his daily driver.  It has been serviced, though not at VW or to VW specifications, and instead has received a 'full' service every year with its MOT at the owners local garage.  During this period the car has been looked after, but not loved as such. 

It is in tidy condition but any stonechips, minor scratches and trim wear has not been addressed. The wheels have been allowed to deteriorate quite badly.

About 18months ago hubby heard the Golf may be back on the market.  Once again he was offered first refusal but in the end the owner decided to keep it.

On Monday this week he received a text message out of the blue saying the Golf was for sale and again, he had first refusal.  I said yes! 

We picked her up today and here are a few shots taken a few hours after we had her.

She is fun to drive.  Hope you like.

A.J.
gti190

PS she has been named 'Snoop'  :smiley:

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Hi I'm new! ** NOW WITH PICS! **
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2010, 23:27 »
Looks nice....hope you enjoy driving it. Only advise now is to get some boot polish around the black trim especially the boot spoiler and front splitter. Boot polish is great, first coat will look crap but second comes up lovely. Use it on mine every fortnight. Just be careful to wipe it off the paintwork if it spills or runs. I use the Asda own brand in a gold bottle with a proper sponge applicator on top.  Sounds petty but will make the world of difference to your pictures.     Cheers     Deano

Offline flash-derby

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2010, 00:09 »
Looks nice....hope you enjoy driving it. Only advise now is to get some boot polish around the black trim especially the boot spoiler and front splitter. Boot polish is great, first coat will look crap but second comes up lovely. Use it on mine every fortnight. Just be careful to wipe it off the paintwork if it spills or runs. I use the Asda own brand in a gold bottle with a proper sponge applicator on top.  Sounds petty but will make the world of difference to your pictures.     Cheers     Deano

just gonna have mine painted, but good advise.

if its got pistons or tits, either way its gonna be expensive

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2010, 00:12 »
Lose the mudflaps and lower it, will be sweet then.

Offline GuessWho

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2010, 00:26 »
Or use Autoglym bumper care it's brilliant.

gti190

« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2010, 08:52 »

Hi Deano - boot poilish huh?  Thanks for the tip.  It has had a go over with 'back to black' but I think its the first time the trim has been treated!  Its better but not fab and I suppose it just needs several coats to get it looking good.  As for the front splitter its very very pale and we thought about spraying it with plastic paint.

The whhel condition has improved with the applications of autoglym wheel cleaner with a toothbrush and about 57 attempts!  :sad:  The wheels do need a refurb but Im not sure what to do as they are the only bit of the car I dont like (sorry).

It will probably be a better option for us to put these in storage and get a different design - probably VW though.  Are wheels from other VW's easily transferable?  Is the PCD and bore the same across the VW family and what models have an appropriate ET?  Are the wheels hubcentric?  We havn't taken one off to look yet

A.J
gti190

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2010, 11:28 »
Is it a true 16v? If so they're rare as rocking horse sh!t. Think there were only 150 made?

Mystic blue is a sweet colour. I regret breaking my 16v GTI but I had no choice.

Personally due to it being a rare 16v anni, I'd keep it 100% original and try to keep that mileage down.. be worth something in the future

If you don't like the wheels, try getting them refurbed black with a polished lip, and then lower the car slightly.. seen it done and it looks awesome :)

I'd love one of these though, I'd restore it back to its former glory, stick it in storage and forget about it!
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2010, 11:37 »
I think that's probably the rarest colour of Anniversarys.
I wanted a blue one...but couldn't get. Had to settle for Satin Silver.

Certainly pretty rare in 16v form.

The wheels are personal taste...I love 'em.
To me, it makes the Anniversary what it is...

But if you don't like them, pretty much and Mk3/Mk4 5 bolt wheel will fit.

Edited - typo.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2010, 12:16 by Ess_Three »

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.