Author Topic: Hi I'm new! ** NOW WITH PICS! **  (Read 6652 times)

kells

Re: Hi I'm new! I pick up my '96 Gti on Friday!
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2010, 10:22 »
get a decent componet set up for the front,you dont wanna over kill it with shed loads of high end by fitting a set of coax in the doors and on the dash,  it will sound sh!te,trust me im a DJ   :grin:

the dash top speakers are 1inch tweets as standard,you would need to start cutting to fit something else

the door holds 17cm driver..

hope this helps

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2010, 11:40 »
Doors are 165mm to be exact but will hold up to 17CM. :)
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

kells

« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2010, 18:27 »
Doors are 165mm to be exact but will hold up to 17CM. :)

i know.... i have 17cm Rainbows up front  :rolleyes:  :grin:

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2010, 19:04 »
Welcome to the site - and also quite interesting knowing the correct size of the speakers in the doors, I'm actually thinkin of installing a good set in the near future. I run a 12" JBL sub and amp (cheap but sounds ok)

Sorry to hijack this thread, I also have a Pioneer head unit which is awsome. Will installing new door speakers benefit from just the head unit or will an amp be better???

Cheers
Black 8v GTI............. Whats a Waffle Valve?

gti190

« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2010, 20:32 »

Hi christo.

My hubby tells me that if you install quality components up front there should always be an improvement, but even a decent head unit will struggle to get the best out of them.

A dedicated amplifier will push them harder and produce a better, fuller, sound - even at lower levels.  Most people cap the cabin speakers at a set frequency so they don't have to deal with the low bass that they will struggle with. Somewhere between 80htz and 120htz usually.

Some people think its not worth amping the cabin speakers if they are going to be filtered and just throw a sub into the mix.  But as well as a more powerfull sound, amplified components create a better clarity and stereo separation.  This then works in tandem with the improved bass so the overall sound is better and not just a thumping bass line.

Don't worry about the thread-jack - if theres a question that needs answering then it needs an answer!

A.J.
gti190

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2010, 20:44 »
lol. some good info there cheers.  :wink:

Hope you enjoy your ride anyway. and get some pics up soooon.

There are afew female golf owners on the mk3 section.... but these days most girls are like barbie dolls Or wanna be's...and i dont think the mk3 is there option or style. They more like to settle for a little pink ford ka' lol.  :sick:

Welcome to the forum hubby aswell. lol

:grin:

kells

« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2010, 23:28 »
all my speakers are runnin from a seperate amp in the boot, cant remember the model number but its a big Pheonix gold item, one ofthe older propper ones

but id rather spend my money on a high end component set first, and save up and add a amp at a later date if money is a issue

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2010, 19:31 »
I really wish i didnt have many expectations for my future... house etc..... I wish i had no care in the world and spend all my earned coin on the car. It really gets me mad when i see sooooo many nice mk3's and mines bluddy standard and boring to be honest. lol

I will pimp it however, some way or another lol

kells

« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2010, 20:16 »

keep the faith mate :cool:

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2010, 20:20 »
to be honest... i'm sick of looking at your sig.... looks awsome, then i get annoyed lol.