Author Topic: Cant decide what alloys I want!!  (Read 6508 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Cant decide what alloys I want!!
« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2009, 16:00 »

If you are going for 17"s the offset needs to be et35 or 38 otherwise they will rub.

My 15's rub  :grin: :grin:

but 16's are best all round for looks and ride (15's are too small and 17's make the car tram line!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2009, 08:31 »
If you want euro look.. How about some borbet A's? Don't get mk4 alloys as they are a b!tch to fit.. Need spacers and ultimately they don't look right.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2009, 11:38 »
If you want euro look.. How about some borbet A's? Don't get mk4 alloys as they are a b!tch to fit.. Need spacers and ultimately they don't look right.

+1

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
  • I hate bus wayne kerrs!
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2009, 12:36 »
glad you have said that. right then, mission for this weekend is to find some and i'll do a poll and see which people think. Cheers for the advice guys very much appreciated!

Offline alexus1981

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2009, 13:27 »
hows about some Fox R4's? 15" Set of 4 Wheels & Tyres (toyos not cheapo's) including delivery and locking wheel nuts for £328.99.

not sure what they'd look like on a mk3 but by the gods thats cheap.
yOuR mUm...

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2009, 14:03 »
thats is cheap mate but really want 16's. dont really want to drop to 15's but appreciate the post.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2009, 14:39 »
you want something quite chunky, to suit the mk3 body style...(even more so if you go deepdish as they make the wheel look tiny!) No slim spoked wheels etc!
these would look  :sick:

but these  :cool:

(imagine a fat girl in a wonderbra.....the bra's nice but look sick with all the flubber!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2009, 14:44 »
PMSL!!!!!

You really know how to simplify things! Oh i think a bit of wee came out! lol  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So no slim looking spokes then. i do want a dish on these wheels and to be like the pic above but i just dont want to put them on then some pikey comes and breaks into the house for the car keys again like they did with my astra!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2009, 18:22 »
hows about some Fox R4's? 15" Set of 4 Wheels & Tyres (toyos not cheapo's) including delivery and locking wheel nuts for £328.99.

not sure what they'd look like on a mk3 but by the gods thats cheap.

while you're in halfords don't forget your ripspeed rear window sticker, blue LED washer lights and CF tax disc holder  :laugh:

they're cheap for a reason

Offline LostBok

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2009, 19:44 »
Foxes are only worth the value of the tyres that come with them....

Heavy and not as durable as a proper make.

Only reason for getting Foxes: if you're still REALLY undecided what to get... and desperately need new tyres and don't want to waste money buying tyres for your old rims.....then see if they do any okay looking 16" Foxes with decent Toyo rubber... so that once you've decided on the which real alloys you want, you already have some tyres to go on them...
LOSTBOK
Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory fitted Xenons, BOSE, and full sports leather "Soul Black / Titanium".
Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, Aero wiper mod.
In progress: 5 x OEM S4/Ronal 'Avus' 18's & 235/45ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-R (bah! wheels delayed until WC 27-JUL-09)
Researching: Colour DIS, Freeview and DAB tuner with iPodvid/PSP/AV in for the RNS-E.