Author Topic: Are Calibra Yellows required on an AUM? (Chris/Nick?)  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: Are Calibra Yellows required on an AUM? (Chris/Nick?)
« Reply #20 on: 18 January 2012, 13:17 »
The boost pipework is the easiest thing. Downpipe is the worst especially if you arent a good welder.

Howver, I reckon you could get one made up for £200-300 which still....would make for cheap power easily.....probably cheaper than some peoples K03s upgrades.

Dare bet you could do it with a THS intercooler for less than a grand.....excluding mapping.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #21 on: 18 January 2012, 14:44 »
All this could be done under a grand with mapping, I got quoted £100 for a downpipe to be made providing I supplied the  piece that latches to the turbo. Not a bad price. Its good food for thought considering how much you would spend maxing out the k03s setup and with 300bhp at a bar of boost is a good temptation for the t3/4.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 19 January 2012, 16:15 »
Definately.  Just as easy to replace, wallet wise, with a new T3 turbo rather than a used k03s.

Only thing for extra care would be the rods and the torque.  Would have to be careful how that is mapped in.

If I was to do it again, with or without a engine rebuild, it would be cheap ebay turbo....cheap enough to replace the parts IF they die.

Click For Build Thread

Offline Darksider1.8T

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 19 January 2012, 17:13 »
my brother has just given me a cheapo t3 turbo and cast manifold, plus aready have THS rods fitted, how hard are the downpipes to find plus would i have to sell my forge FMIC and buy a cheapo ebay FMIC to accommodate the T3???

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 January 2012, 17:16 »
You would re-route your boost piping into the original setup (behind the engine and along the chassis leg....I cant see this being too difficult with a bit of care taken.

Id get a exhaust place to make a downpipe.

Click For Build Thread