Author Topic: New chapter  (Read 2697 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
New chapter
« on: 12 March 2023, 16:24 »
Took a Formentor 310bhp out for a test drive this morning. The cabin felt on a par, and in many ways a step above my clubsport. The artificially inflated second hand values meant, after two years ownership of my clubsport, I could swap into a brand new VZ2 for a pound less a month, and no deposit! The extra space was my primary need. No brainer. Fingers crossed for a bong feee drive 🤣

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New chapter
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2023, 16:58 »
Yep, Cupra seem to be placed below Audi and above VW in the VAG brand hierarchy. Our Cupra Borns are massively better than the sister model ID3 in interior finish. I would say they're a noticeable step up from standard VW, about the same as expectations of a Performance Golf.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2023, 17:32 »
Very nice M6TT F
I see a few of those around and they look really nice, decent(ish) value too with the deals around.
Similar to T-Roc R to drive I’d imagine.

Not as nice as the sexy Golf shoved into the skip in the background tbough… 😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2023, 18:00 »
Very nice M6TT F
I see a few of those around and they look really nice, decent(ish) value too with the deals around.
Similar to T-Roc R to drive I’d imagine.

Not as nice as the sexy Golf shoved into the skip in the background tbough… 😁

🤣 cheers. It’s fair to say, I’ve loved the clubsport, despite numerous annoying faults. But I need a bigger car, and after hours of research, nothing came close to the VFM of cupra. My alloys will be swapped on to the formentor, and fingers crossed it will be as entertaining

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2023, 18:05 »
It is an odd name for a car - "Formentor" sounds like someone from Ashington describing a vessel from a brewery. There's a few around my way, so they seem popular. VAG definitely seem to be diverting the parts bin away from VW and towards Cupra right now with respect to build times.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2023, 18:12 »
My wife referred to it as the ‘Dementor’ which I thought summed it up perfectly 🤣
« Last Edit: 12 March 2023, 19:01 by M6TT F »

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2023, 19:18 »
Welcome to the performance SUV fold,  i just did the same going from a MK8 Golf R performance pack (almost fully loaded with options) to a new Tiguan R with Area View, Pano Roof, climate windscreen etc.  I loved my Golfs but like you wanted a bong free experience, (hopefully), more space for the family while catering to my mid life crisis.  I am loving driving it so far.

Offline Tractor Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2023, 19:34 »
Looks lovely. I really like the Cupra range. You do seem to get more kit for your money than VW.  :cool:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2023, 20:38 »
Espanol innit. After Cap de Formentor in Majorca.

Love the GTI giving it the right stink eye in the background  :grin:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2023, 11:11 »
Took a Formentor 310bhp out for a test drive this morning. The cabin felt on a par, and in many ways a step above my clubsport. The artificially inflated second hand values meant, after two years ownership of my clubsport, I could swap into a brand new VZ2 for a pound less a month, and no deposit! The extra space was my primary need. No brainer. Fingers crossed for a bong feee drive 🤣

Love these thing they look brilliant and I would take one over my GTI CS easy.
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual