Author Topic: EVO Golf R, A45 AMG and Civic Type R multi test  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: EVO Golf R, A45 AMG and Civic Type R multi test
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2021, 16:24 »
My personal opinion the CTR interior looks cheap and those red seats are awful (which to be fair they did say in the review). Its a bit of a marmite car in that regard.

Its by no means a difficult system to use. Perhaps its downfall is the fact there isn't an I-drive controller or similar.

Oh and another thing they complained the start button was on the central console in front of the gear selector?!!!!

That is a strange complaint, it's a good place for the button.

Agree, having the start button near the gear selector is the most logical place for it to be IMHO, as selecting gear is the first thing most drivers will do after pressing the start button.

My thoughts exactly
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2021, 19:45 »

Agree, having the start button near the gear selector is the most logical place for it to be IMHO, as selecting gear is the first thing most drivers will do after pressing the start button.

My thoughts exactly

Can people that don't want keyless entry have an Aston Martin style key slot ignition on the dash instead?  :tongue: I'd be curious to know those with Keyless Entry do you leave the key in your pocket on take out out when driving?

« Last Edit: 10 July 2021, 19:47 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2021, 20:14 »
Oops wrong thread. Apologies.   :grin:
« Last Edit: 10 July 2021, 20:46 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2021, 04:27 »

My thoughts exactly

Can people that don't want keyless entry have an Aston Martin style key slot ignition on the dash instead?  :tongue: I'd be curious to know those with Keyless Entry do you leave the key in your pocket on take out out when driving?

I always put the keys in the console whilst driving - because there are too many on my keychain to sit comfortably in my pocket.

That Aston Martin solution is great if you only ever carry a car key.  My collection would scratch the hell out of the surrounding dash area!
« Last Edit: 11 July 2021, 11:20 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2021, 06:59 »
My home is keyless entry so my car keys are all I ever have so fit in my pocket just fine when driving. Or in a cupholder.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2021, 19:43 »
b8 generation Audi A4s had exactly the same key system as that Aston. It was a handy place to keep your key…
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2021, 20:34 »
I put the key fob in one of the cup holders in the centre console when I’m driving, so it’s conveniently placed to pick up when I switch the ignition off and I’ve got it in my hand ready to lock the car. I disable the keyless functionality when I lock it - hence why having the key fob ready to hand useful, rather than having to rummage for it in a pocket).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2021, 23:40 »
Finding out the key is the perfect shape for the centre cubby to keep it still was an absolute game changer for me
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 July 2021, 09:00 »
My home is keyless entry so my car keys are all I ever have so fit in my pocket just fine when driving. Or in a cupholder.

Be interested to know how that works, I've never seen it before.

With all of you taking your key out of your pocket beforehand anyway do you think many of you will switch to the digital key if you specced the prep for it? Depending if it works equally that is.

Note I've seen the digital key work on Mercedes where you can open the car from 5 miles away, so would this scare you off?

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 12 July 2021, 09:53 »

Be interested to know how that works, I've never seen it before.

Mine is an older version of the Conexis L1 - https://yalehome.co.uk/smart-locks/
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.