Author Topic: latest software?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
Re: latest software?
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2021, 08:52 »
Hi Fred, only been out a couple of times, but so far, so good. Will keep you updated. Whats the Keyless upgrade?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2021, 16:27 »
To try and make unlock on approach work... All of the time.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2021, 18:15 »
Mine seems to do it most of the time. Wish you were able to use the mobile phone instead of the key fob, like BMW have introduced

Relishy57

« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2021, 19:12 »
I’ve had some issues with the keyless entry, wasn’t sure if it was because I had put a silicone case on as scratched the key case in first 2 days.
Love driving the car but this is definitely taking the shine off for a car which has glitches not seen in a Mk 7 which I had for 5 years. I bought in May 21 hoping any new issue problems would have been resolved by then.
Why haven’t VW asked all cars to be recalled and updated? Is it because these updates are not fixing the problems.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 27 June 2021, 00:50 »
I’m in a mid May build date car running 1803 and having software issues. I believe 1803 is the latest version so I don’t know what VW if there is no new version to update it to  :undecided:

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2021, 01:23 »
I’m in a mid May build date car running 1803 and having software issues. I believe 1803 is the latest version so I don’t know what VW if there is no new version to update it to  :undecided:
What issues are you having Wrex? I’ve a clubsport on order and I will not be happy in the slightest if it doesn’t do what it says on the tin. I thought the problems had been resolved with the updated unit and newer software.

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2021, 08:11 »
Do any of these updates fix the climate sync problem - its doing my head in now.

Also, has anyone had any luck with the infotainment doing something simple like...just playing the radio automatically like last time I was in the car?  Or stopping wireless Apple CarPlay overriding the radio when someone's using their phone?
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2021, 14:07 »
I personally think it’s all down to how well the technician updating your car understands the system,I’m still on 1664(the first software),they updated the bits that were not working and it now runs fault free.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2021, 14:20 »
What issues are you having Wrex? I’ve a clubsport on order and I will not be happy in the slightest if it doesn’t do what it says on the tin. I thought the problems had been resolved with the updated unit and newer software.

Travel mode set to right hand drive in settings.
Apple CarPlay randomly had a black screen and I have to restart the car.
Speed signs showing in kph.
Walk up unlock sometimes doesn’t work
Rear camera occasionally states there’s an error and just shows the parking sensor screen instead.
General lagginess to the infotainment system.

Only had it 2 weeks. Got in booked in with the dealer in a couple of weeks. But like I said if 1803 is the latest software I don’t know what they can actually do

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #19 on: 28 June 2021, 07:17 »
How quickly did the faults manifest themselves? Were they there from pretty much day one? I personally have turned keyless entry off for now anyway as I hardly use it in my wife’s car
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver