Author Topic: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?  (Read 4771 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2021, 09:36 »
Buy it from Amazon.... much easier.

Mine came super quick because its covered by Prime.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2021, 18:44 »
I literally order from Amazon every week/multiple times a week so would prefer that. Shame it's not a little less than the current price of £75

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2021, 22:20 »
I messaged them and they seem to say you need the Pro to code a new batteries. I'm still going to buy the standard as it's cheaper to buy that and then a pro pass instead of both in one go :tongue:. I'll be sure to test it out and see if battery coding works on the standard and update this thread. Would be good if it does work on the standard as then that'll be enough for my OBD11 uses and I won't need to spend any more money

Does anyone know if I'm going to have to pay import charges on it, as it's comes from Lithuania?.

I bought mine (standard kit and pro activation code) direct from OBDeleven. I took a while to be delivered (there was a random 2 day delay at a Heathrow based logistics hub) but no additional import charges.
It's a good bit of kit but I've not used it too much to be honest; just switched of the headlamp washers, switched off the 'open door with ignition' warning and coded a replacement battery.
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 30 April 2021, 16:14 »
Other than the dashboards and diagnostics, that does tend to be the way with all these devices and apps (e.g. inc Carista and others). You use it to make the changes you want, then it sits unused.

It was different in years gone by when there was a more gradual release of new apps and coding discoveries, but it's all pretty well known these days, so you make your changes in the first hour and you're done.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 30 April 2021, 16:19 »
Right, but it's also a code reader. Useful to have around. I'd recommend everyone buy one

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 30 April 2021, 18:28 »
It's certainly a useful thing to always have around. When you need it, it's priceless and will save you lots of money (new battery coding for example

What I'm worried about is import charges since Brexit. I messaged the OBD11 team and they seem to say people haven't had any additional import charges but I will have to look it up myself. Some people are getting charged £30 for import items I've heard in the news

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2021, 19:17 »
How much is it on Amazon compared to from Lithuania (plus import fees?) Why would you buy it direct?

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2021, 23:09 »
It’s around £20 cheaper direct but that doesn’t include delivery

I’ve downloaded the app early and started collecting up some free credits :drool:. What’s the average amount of credits needed for each thing?
« Last Edit: 30 April 2021, 23:11 by Lordie »

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 01 May 2021, 12:43 »
It's certainly a useful thing to always have around. When you need it, it's priceless and will save you lots of money (new battery coding for example

What I'm worried about is import charges since Brexit. I messaged the OBD11 team and they seem to say people haven't had any additional import charges but I will have to look it up myself. Some people are getting charged £30 for import items I've heard in the news

Mine was purchased post Brexit and I had no additional charges to pay.
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 01 May 2021, 17:30 »
How much is it on Amazon compared to from Lithuania (plus import fees?) Why would you buy it direct?
The horror stories that come with Amazon, like the send you a returned unit with no pro code or credits because they’ve already been used