Author Topic: GTI Incoming  (Read 7148 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
GTI Incoming
« on: 21 April 2021, 20:48 »
I’ve only gone and bought myself a new GTI.  Should get it in the next week.  Reflex Silver with Winter Pack and rear view camera.

Sadly means losing my MK7.5 black GTI.

Anyone else got one in silver?
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: GTI Incoming
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2021, 20:52 »
Reflex is a great colour for the mk8. I had a hard time choosing between that and moonstone but Mrs G cast the final vote.

Are you getting dsg or manual?

I don't think I've heard of anyone with manual on here yet.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2021, 20:54 »
DSG.  Dealer said there’s no manuals coming into the UK unless they’re a factory order.  My first auto.  Hope it’s good

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2021, 22:46 »
I popped down to my local Vw last week and Reflex was one of the standout colours for me. Good choice.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2021, 00:19 »
Silver looks superb on them. My brother in law collected a new R Line in reflex silver last week. It really does look superb. Suits the lines of the car well. Check out volkswizard on YouTube, he has a silver CS. Not mad on his wheels choice though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2021, 08:24 »
I thought it actually looks even better in the flesh than photos or video actually.

The black bits and the rear tints really stand out, it's a lovely colour.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2021, 20:19 »
I have a new GTI on the way too, it's Black Pearl metallic, fitted with Adelaide alloys, Sports Suspension and Winter pack. Here's a pic of it taken yesterday, still in its wrapping paper, inside the dealer's compound.    :grin:

It's sitting slightly higher than it should be because I believe that, during transportation, the suspension has blocks inserted. I have no idea why. Can anyone throw some light?

Hopefully, I should have it on the road next week, after it's been fully prepped and checked out for the latest software.

« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 20:24 by Sniffer »
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2021, 20:39 »
I have a new GTI on the way too, it's Black Pearl metallic, fitted with Adelaide alloys, Sports Suspension and Winter pack.

It's sitting slightly higher than it should be because I believe that, during transportation, the suspension has blocks inserted. I have no idea why. Can anyone throw some light?

VW fit plastic transit pucks to the front suspension struts to stop the car bouncing around when it’s in transit, so that probably means the the front suspension can’t settle until those pucks have been removed. I think the tyres are also over inflated when cars leave the factory so they don’t develop flat spots if those cars are left parked up in a compound for a prolonged period.

With early deliveries of the first mk7 Golfs, there were quite a few instances of the transit pucks not being removed when cars were PDI’d. Owners whose cars didn’t have the pucks removed complained of a rock hard, uncompromising ride. Not read of any instances of this happening with the mk8.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2021, 21:03 »
I have a new GTI on the way too, it's Black Pearl metallic, fitted with Adelaide alloys, Sports Suspension and Winter pack.

VW fit plastic transit pucks to the front suspension struts to stop the car bouncing around when it’s in transit, so that probably means the the front suspension can’t settle until those pucks have been removed. I think the tyres are also over inflated when cars leave the factory so they don’t develop flat spots if those cars are left parked up in a compound for a prolonged period.

With early deliveries of the first mk7 Golfs, there were quite a few instances of the transit pucks not being removed when cars were PDI’d. Owners whose cars didn’t have the pucks removed complained of a rock hard, uncompromising ride. Not read of any instances of this happening with the mk8.

Thanks, that's useful to know.
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 22 April 2021, 21:51 »
I have a new GTI on the way too, it's Black Pearl metallic, fitted with Adelaide alloys, Sports Suspension and Winter pack. Here's a pic of it taken yesterday, still in its wrapping paper, inside the dealer's compound.    :grin:

Hopefully, I should have it on the road next week, after it's been fully prepped and checked out for the latest software.

Bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.  The black looks amazing.  Had a MK6 GTD and my MK7.5 GTI in deep pearl black.  Hoping the silver is a bit easier to maintain (i.e. doesn't need as much cleaning  :wink:)