Author Topic: Golf GTI TCR Options  (Read 7209 times)

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf GTI TCR Options
« Reply #40 on: 13 May 2021, 01:32 »
Just wondering if anyone with a tcr with the akra can tell me what the exhaust is like in everyday use? Does it drone on motorways or can it be fairly civilised?

It's very quiet from inside the car. No droning, perfectly civilised on motorways etc. Slightly louder if in sport mode but i think it's fake noise. I need to hear it from outside!

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #41 on: 13 May 2021, 09:48 »
To be honest a neighbours relative visits every so often and he has a MK7.5 gti and on start up and pulling away its a lot louder than my TCR + Akra.

To me the Akra is very low key, but it has a nicer sound (subjective) when you get up the top end of the revs.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 13 May 2021, 21:06 »
That’s great to know. Good info guys thanks. I’ve got a friend who’s looking at a tcr and he’s a bit stuck if it’s worth only looking at an akra equipped one. Cheers.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline dobb3r

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 14 May 2021, 10:59 »
The Akrapovic is lighter, looks better but sound wise there is nothing in it really. When looking for a TCR it was a nice to have but not a necessity, having DCC was much more important to me. The extra cost of the Akra exhaust can easily push the car over the 40k mark and then you jn for much more tax, i'll stick with my stainless system thanks.

Just get a decent TCR with DCC and other extra options as i did, if it comes with an Akra exhaust then bonus......but not essential imo.
2019 White TCR, 5 door, DCC.