Author Topic: Moving on from my GTI....  (Read 3952 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Moving on from my GTI....
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2021, 20:18 »
Just a quick update... The M135i is still due into production end of May (there have been some issues with the semiconductor crisis, but nothing we have been unable to yet sort out amicably)...

Since I did the deal, however, the "We buy any car" price for my golf has increased over 11%... Suspect a by-product of the semiconductor thing... so I have reset the BMW deal to finance only, taking out the trade-in of the Golf, and am bunging it through WBAC on Monday...

Just hassle free and even renting cars to bridge the gap, I am still better off than I would have been...

Before you commit to WBAC try Motorway and Wizzle first - based on feedback by forum members on other forums, owners who’ve sold their cars via either of these alternatives have achieved a much better selling price than they would have by selling to WBAC.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline DaveA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2021, 22:23 »
Just a quick update... The M135i is still due into production end of May (there have been some issues with the semiconductor crisis, but nothing we have been unable to yet sort out amicably)...

Since I did the deal, however, the "We buy any car" price for my golf has increased over 11%... Suspect a by-product of the semiconductor thing... so I have reset the BMW deal to finance only, taking out the trade-in of the Golf, and am bunging it through WBAC on Monday...

Just hassle free and even renting cars to bridge the gap, I am still better off than I would have been...

Before you commit to WBAC try Motorway and Wizzle first - based on feedback by forum members on other forums, owners who’ve sold their cars via either of these alternatives have achieved a much better selling price than they would have by selling to WBAC.

To be fair, WBAC were offering the best of the bunch, and I cannot be bothered with all the photos and stuff...

I am happy to "discuss" with WBAC if they try it on, as there is no damage etc... So, as far as I am concerned, the car meets all the criteria they have set... I guess I will find out how successful this tactic will be,,,  :grin: :grin:

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2021, 23:20 »
Can u disclose agreed price?  :nerd: :whistle:
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2021, 15:43 »
I think motorway and those types of internet trade buyer price according to the location of the car.
After the positive reviews of them on here I recommended them to a work colleague and the prices came back worse than local garage part exchange offers (which were also low at the time). The only anywhere reasonable offer was subject to driving the car to an auction house in Weston Super Mare where the car would be “assessed”. So the person would then have to get transport back home from there assuming the offer stood after bodywork inspection. Basically a worse service than the WBAC sharks.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2021, 16:53 »
No interest on here for somebody after a nice one??

Too many doors for me unfortunately. :sad:
« Last Edit: 14 May 2021, 17:39 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline solano

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 15 May 2021, 15:01 »
I have red the forums extensively before ordering a GTI myself, and deliberately did not put a pano roof - too may complaints and rattles. Even the dealer (this was my 2nd VW from the same guy) pulled me to the side and told me to not get the pano roof.
The M135 is awesome car, it could probably be my next car, as I really want more horse power, and the M135 is around ~12k Euro (~10k pounds) cheaper than the new R, at least in my country (we have regional pricing here), all specced out.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 15 May 2021, 21:40 »
No interest on here for somebody after a nice one??

Too many doors for me unfortunately. :sad:

Volkswizard has a 2018 GTIP 3 door manual for sale. Looks pretty good.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 15 May 2021, 22:27 »
Been to see it last weekend.

Let's just say it wasn't the one for me.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2021, 22:58 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.