Author Topic: R Paddle shifters for GTI  (Read 4420 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: R Paddle shifters for GTI
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2021, 15:18 »
Never mind paddle extensions, how about paddle warmers?
It’s been bloody freezing at 5am this week and although it’s lovely having a nice warm wheel to hold, the paddles are positively ice cold!

https://patents.google.com/patent/CA2650055A1/en
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 17 April 2021, 00:00 »
Never mind paddle extensions, how about paddle warmers?
It’s been bloody freezing at 5am this week and although it’s lovely having a nice warm wheel to hold, the paddles are positively ice cold!

:grin:
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 17 April 2021, 11:53 »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2021, 16:34 »
This came on volkswizards channel yesterday:

https://youtu.be/zRVk-psPTIU

Seems like VW have engineered things so they can make more money from modders! ☹️
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2021, 16:39 »
Just spotted Exonian’s post lower down! Sorry for repeating! I was hoping to fit these to my Mk7.5 GTI, but £250! Think I’d rather go S2Ts.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2021, 16:42 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2021, 18:14 »
Just spotted Exonian’s post lower down! Sorry for repeating! I was hoping to fit these to my Mk7.5 GTI, but £250! Think I’d rather go S2Ts.

For your 7.5 you can do for much cheaper and easier - check this video out https://youtu.be/mpPITcH_ZQ0

They’ve just made it harder and more expensive on the mk8 it seems
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2021, 18:57 »
Looking at the two videos I'd say the mk8 paddles will come off in exactly the same way as the mk7.

Whether the paddle itself is identical i don't know though.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2021, 07:39 »

For your 7.5 you can do for much cheaper and easier - check this video out https://youtu.be/mpPITcH_ZQ0

They’ve just made it harder and more expensive on the mk8 it seems

Yes, been there, tried 2 Chinese versions and removed both as they just didn’t look OEM. I reckon, like Fred says, that the pin will come out. There is no reason for the mechanism and electrics to be different, but whether VW will make just the (plastic) paddles, which must be quite cheap to produce, available is another thing.
Roger.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2021, 09:57 »
Funnily enough it was this thread I was quickly scrabbling around looking for to post up the link, but the guy in the chippy was getting ready to hand over my cod and chips so I had to rush!
king monkey was well ahead of me I found out much later in the day.

I’ve only just actually watched the vid.
A bit of a faff to fit and quite expensive but reassuring to know it’s fully OEM I guess.

In a previous life I transplanted Mk5 Golf GTI steering wheels into both a mk5 GT TDI and a 9N3 Polo GTI so it’s not a particularly difficult job, just fiddly unclipping the airbag.

But at £250 right now I think I’ll suffer my Indian Elephant ears rather than going full African.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner