Author Topic: Software issues  (Read 18400 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Software issues
« Reply #100 on: 05 March 2021, 11:30 »
Well ive dropped mine off for keyless entry fault,travel assist,emergency assist etc.

I don’t hold out much hope and it’s all annoying me now,asked Vw to give me there best offer to buy the car too. I’m thoroughly disappointed in the car...it’s issues and the dealer too,so fixed or not I’m leaning towards getting rid of the car.

Best Offer Buy it back? Can't you just reject it? You shouldn't lose money on a lemon.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #101 on: 05 March 2021, 12:26 »
Well ive dropped mine off for keyless entry fault,travel assist,emergency assist etc.

I don’t hold out much hope and it’s all annoying me now,asked Vw to give me there best offer to buy the car too. I’m thoroughly disappointed in the car...it’s issues and the dealer too,so fixed or not I’m leaning towards getting rid of the car.

Best Offer Buy it back? Can't you just reject it? You shouldn't lose money on a lemon.

Not sure how easy it would be to reject a car that is nearly 5 months old and been in an accident. I just feel Vw and the dealer also have very poor customer service.....won’t even provide a courtesy car unless you pay £20.

The car was actually meant to be given to my wife in October and I was getting something else,but the experience so far makes me not want her to deal with problems either.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #102 on: 05 March 2021, 12:31 »
I'm fairly sure unless the accident damage/repairs could be blamed for the faults and that you've had a clear record of faults logged and repeated attempts at resolving them (before and after the accident), it makes no difference to your consumer rights...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 05 March 2021, 12:53 »
Not sure how easy it would be to reject a car that is nearly 5 months old and been in an accident.
There's no time limit as to how long you have to reject a car;

If you reject in the first 30days you get a full refund.

If you've had the car more than 30 days but less than six months, you have to give the dealer one attempt to fix the fault before moving to reject the car. If the repair has not fixed the fault, you can reject the car. The dealer is allowed to mark the value down according to milage only, nothing else.

After 6 months, you can still reject to an unspecified time limit, however, there must be a proof trail the fault was there at delivery. Milage terms again apply in regards to dealers being allowed to mark down the value.

The accident shouldn't come into it, providing you have followed all the dealer & insurance repair recommendations, which in essence put the car back to 'new'/'as was' state.

Good luck :)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #104 on: 05 March 2021, 13:05 »
Thanks for the advice,I shall have a discussion with the dealer.

It would probably be a good car repaired,strangely enough the only other car I’ve ever had issues with from new was also a golf....20 years ago.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #105 on: 05 March 2021, 17:03 »
So keyless entry is now fixed.....I won’t use it,but wanted it working.

To solve the travel assist/emergency assist Vw have told them to fit a new loom and steering wheel.

I was told that they have no idea how to get the map display on the AID at which I point I mentioned I think I may reject the car.....the manager then had a discussion with Vw who have said it would need(I took no notice of the part names).....but basically replacement of all the infotainment/sat nav gubbins,surprisingly its all been agreed and the parts are on order.

I have stated that I’m rejecting if these fixes don’t work

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #106 on: 05 March 2021, 19:05 »
I think they've taken a beating but its annoying that you have to seemingly do that in order to provoke action.

They know exactly which cars out there have exactly which problems.

They should be proactively calling customers to bring them in for fixing without customers needing to shout at them.

Not good enough VW!  :angry:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #107 on: 06 March 2021, 08:59 »
They know exactly which cars out there have exactly which problems.

They should be proactively calling customers to bring them in for fixing without customers needing to shout at them.

Not good enough VW!  :angry:
Thats Volkswagen sadly.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #108 on: 13 March 2021, 17:11 »
I’ve had a surprisingly positive response to my “I’ve had enough” email to VW Customer Service. My complaint has been given a number and is being dealt with by a dedicated handler. The car goes back to the dealers on Tuesday, with VW having been in contact with them. They will speak to the service manager on Tuesday and will then advise me how they are looking to proceed. One interesting point arose when booking the vehicle in when I was asked whether I was using a non VW USB cable to connect my phone. I’m not, just using Bluetooth, but I do have an iPod touch connected via a cable purchased from Amazon. Apparently, use of a non VW cable is something being looked at with regard to the software issues. Not sure if that theory holds water, but I was put through to the parts department and I can collect a complimentary USB C to Lightening cable when I drop the car off. I have to say that I’m getting better service following my complaint. Presumably, my case number flags up when I ring the dealers.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #109 on: 13 March 2021, 17:34 »
If VW are that bothered about which cable people use they should be giving owners one for free.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.