Author Topic: GTI Clubsport, Season 2, Episode 1  (Read 12933 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Clubsport, Season 2, Episode 1
« Reply #80 on: 09 December 2022, 15:54 »
Since I noticed my tyres’ premature balding a few days ago (mostly thanks to AGB’s thread in the mk7 section which got me to actually inspect the tyres) I did some Michelin research and ATS were definitely more favourable than any of the other online tyre discount places.

@Mk8Clubby - I’ve just got the car back, delivered to me by the dealership and haven’t driven it yet but there’s no mention of them doing anything to the suspension on the paperwork.
I’ve got to drive it about 30 miles later so will see if there’s any improvement.

My rear PS4S still have around 6mm so I’ll be sticking to the same on the front axle as it’ll mess with my car OCD otherwise  :whistle:
Maybe once the rears have worn down a bit more and the next set of fronts are replaced I’ll change all 4 for PS5’s or whatever replaces those in a couple years (assuming I still have the car which is far from a given)

Here’s the new software installed, previously it was whatever the car was delivered with. ^^^^

They’ve taken my engine cover sponge off me  :sad:

I’ve been out and reset all the settings now the software has removed many things although Individual drive mode selections weren’t altered by the update curiously.
I’ve fiddled round with a few other things, restored my audio settings to crank the bass up a bit and most importantly have switched off the infuriating “rear wipe when reverse is selected”

Now to decide whether to sign up for a new service plan, pay for the next one then go for an “all in” plan once the warranty expires or…. ?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mk8Clubby

• Not said much yet
« Reply #81 on: 09 December 2022, 22:44 »
@Exonian, surprised you're only getting the 1896 update now as the previous version my car came with (1668) was awful and frankly not fit for purpose. I got the 1896 update last summer as soon as it came out and it was a big improvement but still not perfect e.g. infotainment screen still sometimes freezes/blacks out needing an engine off and back on to reset, my ACC (which had been flawless) played up the other day not letting me overtake cars (well known issue I believe) but was fixed by simply turning the ACC off and back on. So, I'm hoping that one more update should iron out the remaining problems and get the system up to an acceptable level...the way it should've been from day 1.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 09 December 2022, 23:30 »
I’ve just checked Fred’s software version thread to see what I was running previously and it was 1666.
Mine wasn’t really bothersome most days. It had its moments for sure, the worst days were when I was using the car for periods, parking up for a while, then using it again, then parking up… this was when I’d get blank radio screens or messages saying the rear parking sensors weren’t working.
Incidentally the latter often occurred after the car was parked partly in shade and partly in sunlight but I have no idea whether that’s coincidence.

Well, bit of to and fro driving this evening in sub zero temps and the suspension creaks seem ok so far aside from a subdued noise like a rubber gator rubbing whilst on a bumpy bit of road going very slowly just before I parked up for the night.
Let’s see what tomorrow brings as I have a much longer cross country drive lined up.

One change I’ve noticed with the new software is that the heated steering wheel now comes on in the last used setting at each ignition cycle instead of defaulting to coming on full three bars every time the temp dropped below 10°c or so. Fat chance of seeing 10 degrees any time soon but it’s nice that the heated wheel comes on at one bar which is usually where I have it set.

Aside from that I’ve fiddled with my individual mode settings for the first time in about two years and now the throttle response is razor sharp which I like but the gearbox is still mushy at times.
I’m only dawdling about at the moment anyway as I’m on summer tyres and the roads are covered in grit and salt.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner