Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 50037 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #300 on: 02 April 2021, 09:26 »
I watched the TCR vs 8CS video, typical youtuber, they need to make the current car appear to be the best ever to stay in with the manufacturer, for access to the next shiny new car?
Wasn't the 7.5R estate the best Golf ever a few weeks ago when he was selling that?
He appears to have the TCR up for sale, he could hardly keep the TCR and sell the 8CS from a marketing and relationship point of view?
No doubt he is a nice chap, etc... but his youtube channel would never get anywhere if he were to focus on mk5 Gti's, so it all has to be seen as part of the game?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #301 on: 02 April 2021, 10:13 »
As far as I am aware he paid for the TCR and paid for the CS.

He might have got a decent discount, but I don't think it was based on any advertising.

Those two are his cars.

Other cars he reviews are loaners sometimes.

He does have all of the truth in that video, that is pretty much the best Mk7.5 vs Mk8 video I've seen. He talks about what has changed, he talks about the things everyone who has had a press one for 20 minutes moans about and he talks about how the handling of the mk8 is better. Nobody has said anything other than "it handles better" (if you can spot that amongst the moaning about the buttonless interface).

He's done 1000 miles in that Mk8 now - thats about ten times what any other reviewer has done.

I've no idea how many miles he's done in the TCR, but quite a lot too - plus he's done track days and then driven them back to back.

This is the most comprehensive review for Golf owners you will find - of this I have no doubt.

He didn't moan about DSG, that's what I'm disappointed about  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #302 on: 02 April 2021, 10:47 »
I think His channel is Great and very helpful as i also did not know that the screen etc could be customised with favourites and used easily as that, even my dealer didnt show me that when i went to see a demo last year.
He is pretty honest in his reviews also, Does not skim over the cost cutting on the new Mk8 model with the door sounds, card, cill's etc...
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #303 on: 02 April 2021, 11:01 »

He didn't moan about DSG, that's what I'm disappointed about  :laugh:

He uses the paddles a lot. Forget throttle position, it’s all about the hands imho.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #304 on: 02 April 2021, 13:10 »
Autocar review, soz if it's already been posted...

https://youtu.be/SsrdtcuxCH4
7.5 GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #305 on: 02 April 2021, 22:21 »
Andrew (Volkswizard) is great imo. A real VW geek, but very likeable! I always find his content very informative and watchable. There’s a glut of irritating youtubers and shills out there now and I don’t think he’s one of them.

I’m not keen on the wheels he’s put on the CS though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #306 on: 03 April 2021, 01:20 »
I watch a lot of YouTube reviews - not just cars. AC one of the best, in my view. At least he puts his money where his mouth is and buys cars with his own cash, sometimes just for his channel. Am sure he gets a reasonable discount but good luck to him. I'd rather listen to someone who has actually owned the car. He did favour the M135i over the S3 so not always VAG biased.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2021, 06:28 by ar899 »

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #307 on: 03 April 2021, 08:34 »
I really like Andrew’s videos too. Always really detailed and informative from an owners point of view. Just look at all the details he’s shared about the climate control and shortcuts etc. I do think though you have to keep in mind that he has to produce content for his channel so that’s an influence too. He himself said one reason for buying a CS over an R was the content he could make.

Check this one out too.

https://youtu.be/a8xoQ110-UI
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #308 on: 03 April 2021, 09:14 »
^^ agree with this.
He has a deep understanding of his subject, he produces high quality videos and I’ve no reason to doubt his integrity.
But it’s very difficult to remain subjective when there are conflicts of interest.
There’s scope for him to become very wealthy if he makes the right decisions.

I think he does genuinely prefer the driving dynamics of the CS to the TCR. He was disappointed with the TCR on track, if I remember.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #309 on: 03 April 2021, 09:47 »
I wonder what featuring in a Carwow drag race video is going to do for his channel now. Sudden exposure to over 5m followers.  :shocked:

Can only be good for him one would have thought.
7.5 GTD