Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 27779 times)

Online king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #320 on: 09 April 2021, 09:04 »
Mr Chapple’s CS v R video drops at 12 today.
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps, TCR rear lip spoiler

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #321 on: 09 April 2021, 09:18 »
Be interesting to see if he likes the R which will then become the best golf ever, he'll sell his CS and then he'll have an R until the Ed 45 turns up which will then be the best golf ever which will mean the R is sold and an Ed45 will be on his drive.  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Online king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #322 on: 09 April 2021, 10:08 »
He’s never hidden his dislike for the R so it’ll be interesting. Best Golf ever?  :grin:
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps, TCR rear lip spoiler

Online king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 09 April 2021, 10:15 »

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #324 on: 09 April 2021, 12:48 »
Here it is.... R vs Clubby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vEtg8HNBSI

Spoiler alert... the wizard is loaned a VW press car and isn't allowed to say what he might really think.

After an inconclusive ramble he concludes with "the clubby is a drivers car and hardly anyone is a capable enough driver so they will buy the R"

meh
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #325 on: 09 April 2021, 12:57 »
I’ve not got around to watching it yet but Andrew does have a thing about the R and R drivers. I know he’s had some flack, some of it quite personal, on the R forum and his Mk7 R had lots of issues. Hmmmm

Offline dfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #326 on: 09 April 2021, 13:28 »
I just think it is a different segment that buys Rs. I know the R has some heritage but it seems GTIs have a whole lot more.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #327 on: 09 April 2021, 14:41 »
Hhhmm..... You have to love the detail he goes into with his reviews.

I'm not sure there is an answer to which is the "better" car?

I don't like the plastuc egg crate front end on the CS amongst other things, 5 door & Dsg only on a CS "drivers car"?

The R looks the better package to me, however, with the car precariously on the edge of the £40k tax limit, easily braeched by a few extras, that is a detriment to choosing the R.

I haven't driven either, but the notion that Fwd modern hatch with modern traction and safety aids is a test, only for serious drivers is a bit of a reach?

Try a rwd aircooled 911 lightweight on a torrential Nordscliefe, when you have a clear track as the Dutch contingent are too cautious to take their Subarus out!:)

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #328 on: 09 April 2021, 15:55 »
I haven't driven either, but the notion that Fwd modern hatch with modern traction and safety aids is a test, only for serious drivers is a bit of a reach?

Try a rwd aircooled 911 lightweight on a torrential Nordscliefe, when you have a clear track as the Dutch contingent are too cautious to take their Subarus out!:)

Quite!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #329 on: 09 April 2021, 15:58 »

Yes, it sounds like nonsense to me.
That's just about the dullest video he's ever done.

Here's my advice for anyone considering either car-
"Here are 2 fast golfs. One is two wheel drive, the other is all wheel drive. Take your pick."
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9