Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287602 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3800 on: 26 November 2012, 22:08 »
erm, i must have been watching different races.  :rolleyes:

And i dislike the one fingered w4nk3r  :laugh:

BUT he has come from the back twice, in brazil in difficult conditions that caught out a lot.

and thats not ALL down to the car, or webber would have been off on the distance.

Yes he has his faults still, however, this year he has proved he can overtake, most of the field infact, one of the things the critics said he hadnt had to do the first year he was crowned.

Like him or not, and yes he had some luck, but 3 years on the trot, the bloke is talented.  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3801 on: 26 November 2012, 22:18 »

And i dislike the one fingered w4nk3r  :laugh:

Like him or not, and yes he had some luck, but 3 years on the trot, the bloke is talented.  :smiley:

I think the jury is still out on that one, for the last 3 years he has the best car, twice this year the car was found to have been illegal yet the FIA let them modify the car with no real sanction also other things have come to light on the Red Bull that do not add up (the talk of movable ballast oil / water) is the main talking point on some forums.

He is in a team built around him with Webber the faithfull donkey and not upsetting him or really allowed to race, as soon as he gets close the radio call goes out to give him room etc.

The figures will show him as one of the greats but I still rate Hamilton, Alonso and a few others much higher.

I fear for the sport if he does the same next year, Schumacher winning race after race plus titles by the bucketfull was one reason so many switched off and never came back.

The start of this season promised much with 6 different winners and no real leader of the championship yet Red Bull soon found a trick or two and that was that.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2012, 22:20 by Wayne »

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #3802 on: 26 November 2012, 22:31 »
Its not just Vettel though, he is part of the best team on the grid, with the best engineering in the sport (Newey), the best pit crew in the lane and the best strategy team on the wall. And like Chuff has said he HAS proved he can overtake from the back of the grid.
But he has had alot of luck this year and I was routing for Monobrow yesterday....
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3803 on: 26 November 2012, 22:35 »

He is in a team built around him

erm, and mclaren with hamilton wasnt  :huh:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

PS, did i tell you i bet on him to do it for a 3rd time  :whistle:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3804 on: 26 November 2012, 23:37 »
best strategy team on the wall. And like Chuff has said he HAS proved he can overtake from the back of the grid.

Red Bulls strategy seems to be stick Vettel on pole and let Webber back the field up as required.

At times this year they have been 1/2 a second quicker over a single lap, now when you think so much of F1 is controlled plus the Renault engine is low on power against the Merc / Ferrari where do they find the speed whilst still being legal, I guess we will never know and I think it is why Webber has been kept on board.

Newey is one of if not the greatest F1 designer but over the last few years it seems to be they try something that is bordering on illegal and see if they can get away with it.

Yes I agree that twice he has had to come from the back of the field twice but it was easy enough for him to do with a car that is so much quicker also worth remembering that whilst he started from the pitlane they changed most of the car to give him a chance including gear ratios which made perc ferme rules a complete joke.

erm, and mclaren with hamilton wasnt  :huh:

Not really the same, Button is allowed to race him as has always been the case at Mclaren one of the reasons Alonso quit was they would not make him no1 so to speak.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3805 on: 26 November 2012, 23:50 »
My arguments the oldest and best, F1 is the cutting edge, it should be all about this cheeky developments to give more power, better grip, whatever. 

Why retard what a designer can do just because you're better than the rest?

If you're the best salesman at a car dealer does the owner tell you to ease off to give the others a chance? Do they f**k.

.... Another old saying..... sh!t or get off the pot.

Pps, Nico Hulkenberg le me down on my bet that he'd get a podium his year. Here's hoping he does better at Sauber!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3806 on: 27 November 2012, 10:38 »
i dont think vettel one of the greats yer hes good but i think alot of it to do with his car being so good. Michael schumacher is a great to me

Agreed...... but also a cheat. I still haven't forgiven him for knocking D.Hill out in the Australian GP in 94.

Watched that live at some stupid hour of the morning and was gutted. Hill should really have been a double world champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0t4Ug11v8

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3807 on: 27 November 2012, 10:45 »
i dont think vettel one of the greats yer hes good but i think alot of it to do with his car being so good. Michael schumacher is a great to me

Agreed...... but also a cheat. I still haven't forgiven him for knocking D.Hill out in the Australian GP in 94.

Watched that live at some stupid hour of the morning and was gutted. Hill should really have been a double world champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0t4Ug11v8

I found that quite funny on Sunday, when they had a few of the old school drivers there, and they had basically f all good to say about him! Schumi that is
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3808 on: 27 November 2012, 12:02 »
Schumacher = Dick dastardly

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)