Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287547 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3700 on: 08 October 2012, 00:21 »
anyone know what the Red Bull double DRS is all about?  :huh:

Air enters a hole on the left hand rear wing endplate when DRS is activated and is redirected down to around the centre beam/diffuser, it's still not clear exactly where, but it stalls the rear wing to reduce drag, for a further boost in top speed.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2012, 00:24 by Khare »

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3701 on: 08 October 2012, 00:26 »
delete

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3702 on: 08 October 2012, 00:27 »

Air enters a hole on the left hand rear wing endplate when DRS is activated and is redirected down to around the centre beam/diffuser, it's still not clear exactly where, but it stalls the rear wing to reduce drag, for a further boost in top speed.

crikey... that sounds very similar to something else they were mucking about with on the holes and the air being directed to some kind of wings on the rear wheel hubs iirc

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3703 on: 08 October 2012, 00:29 »
Hamilton just tweeted this

My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3704 on: 08 October 2012, 00:34 »

crikey... that sounds very similar to something else they were mucking about with on the holes and the air being directed to some kind of wings on the rear wheel hubs iirc

Unline mercedes DDRS though, the RB system only stalls the rear wing, giving the rear even less downforce than DRS alone. This means that when the DRS is open the car is unbalanced even further than DRS alone. because the front is still producing full downforce. This means that opening DRS in the middle of the corner will make the car much more twitchy at the rear than any other car, increasing chances of going off. Mercedes have an advantage with their system as it reduces the drag at the rear with the wing flap, and stalls the front wing at the same time, keeping the car's balance the same, just at lower downforce levels. This means even though they'll have less downforce with DRS open they will still have the balance to push through a corner.

If that makes sense  :undecided: :smiley:

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3705 on: 08 October 2012, 00:53 »
Hamilton just tweeted this

My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

Gobsh!te, tweets like he drives, acts first, thinks later!

FairPlay for actually putting it out there that he was wrong
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3706 on: 08 October 2012, 01:05 »
Mercedes / Lewis Hamilton 2013 contract

As a driver for the mercedes petronas GP F1 team you must comply with team regulations and follow orders directed to you either by radio or by pitboard. You must also NOT tweet telemetry, cause friction within the team or make references to you being black. You must also never tell the media about the huge & crazy amount of money we paid for you to drive for this team.

Kind Regards

Ross Brawn

Bet it was something along those lines  :grin:

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #3707 on: 08 October 2012, 01:09 »
Mercedes / Lewis Hamilton 2013 contract

As a driver for the mercedes petronas GP F1 team you must comply with team regulations and follow orders directed to you either by radio or by pitboard. You must also NOT tweet telemetry, cause friction within the team or make references to you being black. You must also never tell the media about the huge & crazy amount of money we paid for you to drive for this team.

Kind Regards

Ross Brawn

Bet it was something along those lines  ;D

LOL.....

Tweets Should be banned for ALL Sports person's..

In Fact FOR EVERYONE.... Just Twaddle...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #3708 on: 08 October 2012, 01:20 »

The guy's a genius driver. Just completely clueless when it comes to being PR and media savvy....no f**king wonder with XIX as his management team!

Love the way he totally owned Perez at turn 11. Give Serg a couple of years and he'll be up to pace, but I'll eat my hat, if out performs Button next year!

Everyone has been banging on about what a great season he's had, but he's only got 16 points more than Kobayashi and it's still unsure of whether or not Kamui will keep his drive.....f**king joke!
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #3709 on: 08 October 2012, 01:22 »

The guy's a genius driver. Just completely clueless when it comes to being PR and media savvy....no f**king wonder with XIX as his management team!

Love the way he totally owned Perez at turn 11. Give Serg a couple of years and he'll be up to pace, but I'll eat my hat, if out performs Button next year!

Everyone has been banging on about what a great season he's had, but he's only got 16 points more than Kobayashi and it's still unsure of whether or not Kamui will keep his drive.....f**king joke!

So He should stop tweeting... and save his best to the race track....

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!