Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287519 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2200 on: 11 April 2011, 14:14 »
So?? Motorsport is not safe. If you want to remain safe play chess.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2201 on: 11 April 2011, 17:05 »
So?? Motorsport is not safe. If you want to remain safe play chess.

safety is first priorty now, don forget they are humans as well

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2202 on: 11 April 2011, 17:29 »
Red Bull & Vettel are boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how can you say such a stupid thing when noone can get near him to challenge him?
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2203 on: 11 April 2011, 17:31 »
i hate the one move rule, the worlds "top drivers" should be capable of unlimited moves to try and pass a or defend from another driver. It should always be an educated and calculated risk the drivers take and decided and that will come with experience in racing. Young champions are given a far simpler job now than what Schumacer and Barrachello were brought into racing with.

F1 will always be my favorite sport but unfortunately H&S are stepping too far into the "pinical of motor sport" the lesser leagues in some cases have far fewer restrictions which is mad!

Agreed completely. If they could constantly defend it could make it a huge difference. Such as a car that could be doing poorly on the track for various reasons could remain 6th by continuous defending. This to me would be far more interesting and show more of the drivers skill and competence on the track IMO

and more accidents, remember webber flyin upside down last year  :shocked:

To which he climbed out, walked away and raced again the following race, the standards of safety prove how well designed the cars are, look at when massa got hit in the face and piled into the tyre wall.. a bit of precautionary measures but was fine apart from the damage to his face ...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2204 on: 11 April 2011, 18:29 »
Exactly. Cars can now withstand huge impacts, so if more crashes happened it wouldn't be the end of a life...

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #2205 on: 11 April 2011, 18:31 »
I don't think we want to see more accidents in f1. More accidents mean more chances of people getting killed and that's the last thing we need. I personally don't want to see any drivers killed just to spice up the racing.

I first started watching F1 back in 1990 for the spectacular crashes. Even in 1990 the sport had undergone a revolution in terms of safety.

1970 to 1979 12 drivers and 1 marshall were killed.

In 1980 to 1989 there were 4 deaths.

In 1990 to 1999 only 2 deaths.

This is only F1. Henry Surtees died last year in a junior formula series.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty more ways of making racing exciting and the Malaysian GP just proves that the degradation of the tyres are crucial to that. If all drivers were like Kamui Kobyashi then it would be fantastic. The way he diced with Webber and then Schumacher was mighty fun to watch.

« Last Edit: 11 April 2011, 18:34 by bobotheclown »

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #2206 on: 11 April 2011, 18:55 »
hamilton didnt move, at the time of the incident. Alonso had the speed but made a total mess of it.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2207 on: 11 April 2011, 20:15 »
I don't think we want to see more accidents in f1. More accidents mean more chances of people getting killed and that's the last thing we need. I personally don't want to see any drivers killed just to spice up the racing.

I first started watching F1 back in 1990 for the spectacular crashes. Even in 1990 the sport had undergone a revolution in terms of safety.

1970 to 1979 12 drivers and 1 marshall were killed.

In 1980 to 1989 there were 4 deaths.

In 1990 to 1999 only 2 deaths.

This is only F1. Henry Surtees died last year in a junior formula series.

All I'm saying is that there are plenty more ways of making racing exciting and the Malaysian GP just proves that the degradation of the tyres are crucial to that. If all drivers were like Kamui Kobyashi then it would be fantastic. The way he diced with Webber and then Schumacher was mighty fun to watch.

We are not talking about people dying, we are saying allow multiple movements, allow touches and hustling for positions, don't penalise for what was a simple obvious movement which didn't put any extra pressure on Alonso that induced his crash, Alonso got it wrong...

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2208 on: 11 April 2011, 22:12 »
Red Bull & Vettel are boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how can you say such a stupid thing when noone can get near him to challenge him?

Easy when they are running a front wing that is outside the rules or should not be running that low to the ground.

Not this again, bore off.. Every team is running a flexible front wing, every team passes scrut...

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2209 on: 12 April 2011, 15:20 »
I think vettel is a great driver and champion worthy in the future, not yet now however. Seeing him driving with your own eyes is great, he opens the taps before anyone else exiting a corner.