Author Topic: Road tax info  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Paulo_Gti

• GTI forum regular
Road tax info
« on: 29 October 2007, 18:01 »
Joined hic few months back now and obviously everything is done via emails etc. Due to the poor postal service weve been putting up with i havent recieved my tax renewal form so i cant do everything online.
This means il have to go to my post office... but i dont have an issued insurance cetificate from hic, only an emailed version.

Will the post office accept a printed out version or do i have to call hic for a proper copy?

cheers

TeddyKGB

Re: Road tax info
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2007, 20:36 »
Im not sure but most insurers "interface" (is that the word? :huh:) electronically with DVLA - so all you have to do is go on DVLAs website and put in your reg number and V5 number (or something like that - you dont need any reference numbers sent in the post at renewal time)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2007, 21:21 »
I taxed mine with my printed hic documents...and thats my useless local post office where they cant even sell a stamp correctly
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2007, 09:14 »

Will the post office accept a printed out version or do i have to call hic for a proper copy?

Hello mate,

We issue all our certificates in house on white A4 paper using normal laser printers so as long as you can print the certificate to the same standard then it will be identical to one we would have posted for you so you should not have any problems. To avoid complications though i would not mention to them that you have printed it yourself as sometimes they can still be a little wary as we are one of the first companies to start sending documents for annual insurance by email.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Paulo_Gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2007, 15:16 »
cheers martin for clearing that up for us! :wink: