Author Topic: HIC - Martin  (Read 2195 times)

Offline sporting wood

• GTI forum regular
HIC - Martin
« on: 24 October 2007, 21:44 »
Just wanted to say I've spent a fair bit of time recently getting quotes for my mk2 2.0 8v. Elephant wouldn't touch me because of the engine, Virgin asked for £1400 (well over double the HIC quote). Most other companies did well but HIC gave me a competitive quote with all the bits and bobs I needed Martin was especially helpful. Anyone renewing their insurance should make sure they call them.

Martin you can give me a discount for the free publicity next year if your like :wink:

TeddyKGB

Re: HIC - Martin
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2007, 23:14 »
Martin - I take it if HIC refuse to "offer" a quote on the website, there's nothing you can do about it? :lipsrsealed:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2007, 09:15 »
Martin - I take it if HIC refuse to "offer" a quote on the website, there's nothing you can do about it? :lipsrsealed:

Actually there is a high chance i probably can!  :cool:

Our website is in need of updating and this is being worked on at the moment as only a fraction of the schemes i have available in the office are currently available online! Also when the website declines it is often due to a simple mistake like clicking the wrong box etc. We are aware of this and a new site is being built but for the time being i suggest you run through a quote, store the details then pm me your surname/postcode & phone number so i can take a look at it for you (I did put it in a sticky topic  :wink:)

Martin  :smiley:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2007, 09:16 »
Just wanted to say I've spent a fair bit of time recently getting quotes for my mk2 2.0 8v. Elephant wouldn't touch me because of the engine, Virgin asked for £1400 (well over double the HIC quote). Most other companies did well but HIC gave me a competitive quote with all the bits and bobs I needed Martin was especially helpful. Anyone renewing their insurance should make sure they call them.

Martin you can give me a discount for the free publicity next year if your like :wink:

Cheers for the shout buddy, glad i could help!  :cool:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2007, 18:22 »
Suppose the changes wont include insuring under 19s will it :cry:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2007, 18:00 »
Suppose the changes wont include insuring under 19s will it :cry:

fraid not mate  :sad:

Offline Paul H

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2007, 23:20 »
Martin, have new Golf GTi being delivered Saturday have spoke to a nice lady called Louise who has taken all my details. Unfortunately the best price was not competitive but Louise said that I was deffo target market customer and she would speak to her boss and ring me back, that happened on Monday, I phoned again Tuesday night and the boss hasn't given Louise an answer - Times running out but would like to give my business to you given that you are an enthusiast and understand the car/risk.

I'm a new member on here and cant PM you my name - sorry but if you speak to Louise she may remember me and would be grateful if you can chivvy the boss up a bit please :cry: :laugh:
Add Lightness

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2007, 10:22 »
Hello mate,

i have printed your post and passed it over to Lou to chase up for you, keep me posted how you get on.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Paul H

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2007, 23:00 »
Thanks Martin, Louise got back today, has come down but still more expensive than AF however after posting yesterday I read a few other threads and realise the sister company relationship.

Haven't committed yet but will need to Friday.

Thanks for trying anyway

Regards
Paul 
Add Lightness