Author Topic: postcodes and costs..  (Read 1803 times)

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
postcodes and costs..
« on: 20 October 2007, 15:56 »
just wondering as to why on only a 1300 its so epxensive for me.. i live in an alright area with no trouble or anything aorund, do get pissheads coming down my road bashing wingmirrors and sutff, someone has tried nickin one of the cars on the street, and one got smashed into the other day, someone came ou the junction too quick.. looked like they swapped seats as it was obv the mum teaching the Stovek of a son  :grin:

but.. in my same area i know someone insuring a gwerks built race ready 1900 g60 rado, hes got 1 year more ncb and is only a year older.. but only pays 900quid  :shocked:

so, why does my location in close proximity charg eme so much more? evne compared to other people the same age as me, driving a flipping ABF mk2 with a whole host of stuff thrown at it  :cry:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: postcodes and costs..
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2007, 11:41 »
Hi Matt

The postcode can have a huge effect on the insurance even if you think its a nice area cos the insurers base it on how many claims they have had/cost of claims etc.

so, why does my location in close proximity charg eme so much more? evne compared to other people the same age as me, driving a flipping ABF mk2 with a whole host of stuff thrown at it  :cry:

Arrrrggghhh!! I (and probably 99% of insurance brokers) hate this line and the "but my mate pays £xxx" etc as there are sooooooooooo many other factors that come into it other than just age/car. As you have stated above postcode as well as occupation, annual mileage, driving history (points/claims/how long held licence),type of policy (eg 2nd car/classic) level of cover etc etc are all major factors (to name just a few) and can vary the quotes you get by a huge amount which is why i often feel threads which compare prices in this war are a little pointless. (rant over, not directed at you matt!  :smiley:)

Martin  :smiley:

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2007, 21:21 »
Fair on the different elements  :smiley:

Is there anything that comes up in front of you when you put my postcode to say why its so expensive, being an insurer or do you just get given a price and thats what you gotsa go with?
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2007, 11:01 »

Is there anything that comes up in front of you when you put my postcode to say why its so expensive, being an insurer or do you just get given a price and thats what you gotsa go with?

We normally get a area rating which is usually a number or letter indicating how high risk that insurer considers that area. The most common scale we use is 1-40 with area 1 being the best and 40 worst.

If you want me to check yours then pm me your postcode and i will let you know.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2007, 11:24 »
Could i PM you aswell please mate? I know my area isnt the best but i dont think its the worst (i hope)

Offline TweedieGTi

• Not said much yet
  • Its Where The Heart Is
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2007, 13:03 »
Anychance i can aswel matey, i need to check my new address Please
MKIV GTi 2.0L 8V In White with MKV GTI Alloys 18" and Full Leather Interior!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2007, 14:29 »
can do, will try to check it out as long as it does not get too busy at work  :smiley: