Author Topic: Are Adrian Flux and HiC the same company?  (Read 1413 times)

Offline mookie

• Here all the time
  • Geordie ABF!
Are Adrian Flux and HiC the same company?
« on: 19 October 2007, 16:16 »
My insurance with AF is up next month and I tried ringing HiC for a quote, but the woman wouldn't give me a quote as I was already insured with AF, and she said they wouldn't be able to give a quote to compete with them as they are sister companies.

Seems a bit odd as I had a message on my mobile from HiC asking me to ring them for a quote as I asked for one last year, and went with AF instead.

Not sure I'm getting a good deal from AF: 2 yrs no claims, Golf GTi, fully comp, clean licence, value £1200 = £504.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Are Adrian Flux and HiC the same company?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2007, 17:01 »
Hi mate,

No Adrian Flux and HIC are not the same company however they are owned by the same person hence the operator reffered to being a sister company. Although we are seperate companies obviously it makes no sense to try and steal each others customers so we will not beat their renewal rates and visa versa (especially as we both garantee to beat any rates you can get for renewals).

If you would rather come with HIC then i can try and match their renewal price for you, or if you are not sure how competitive your renewal is then just ring round a load of other companies then go back to flux and as i said they should be able to match/beat whatever you can get (as long as its "like for like" cover).

Martin  :smiley:

Offline tri

• Not said much yet
Re: Are Adrian Flux and HiC the same company?
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2007, 23:19 »
glad you said you'd still insure even if we have a policy with AF cause i'll never use them again worked well for dad but dropped the ball alot with me.