Author Topic: silvered centre console  (Read 1546 times)

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
silvered centre console
« on: 10 March 2008, 10:49 »
Hi all

Can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement silvered centre console cover? You know the trim that goes around the  Sat Nav and air vents above etc.

I am just buying a car that has an after market silver fitting however it is marked/scratched and kind of spoils the look of the inside a little.

Now I am not sure if I can just pull this piece off since I am pretty sure it will leave a heavy glue residue that is most likely not going to come off. If i can take it off altogether I most probably will and get the car back to stock.

Someone previously suggested that the EOS has the centre console silvered...not sure if VW would supply this piece seperately? Any one got any ideas?

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

Offline MikeGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: silvered centre console
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2008, 11:14 »
A brand new one sold on Ebay recently for about £13.

Was bidding on it in case I ever fancied a change, but forgot to keep watching it.

Try your local VW Dealers, if there mega money, keep an eye on Ebay. Its not as if you need it urgently.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2008, 11:43 »
....They can't be very expensive - My VW dealer volunteered under warranty to change my whole centre unit just because one of the control knobs had worn off its black! I got upgraded to Dual control in the process!
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2008, 12:01 »
Thanks all, just found one on ebay...!  :grin: they want £30 buy it now though...not sure I want to spend £30 plus £7.50 shipping on it....however placed a best offer...lets see how it goes...thanks!

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2008, 20:14 »
Hi all

Can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement silvered centre console cover? You know the trim that goes around the  Sat Nav and air vents above etc.

I am just buying a car that has an after market silver fitting however it is marked/scratched and kind of spoils the look of the inside a little.

Now I am not sure if I can just pull this piece off since I am pretty sure it will leave a heavy glue residue that is most likely not going to come off. If i can take it off altogether I most probably will and get the car back to stock.

Someone previously suggested that the EOS has the centre console silvered...not sure if VW would supply this piece seperately? Any one got any ideas?

Was thinking of getting one myself, asked VW to quote and they came back with a figure of about £32!!!! :grin:

Wasn't convinced myself that they were looking at the right part and think they may have got the part number wrong although if you want to take this part number and ask your local stealer, feel free;

number is V1K0 858 069 LV 80

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2008, 20:15 »
....They can't be very expensive - My VW dealer volunteered under warranty to change my whole centre unit just because one of the control knobs had worn off its black! I got upgraded to Dual control in the process!

Did yours not have dual before?
« Last Edit: 10 March 2008, 22:23 by TagnuT »
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2008, 21:34 »

Did yors not have dual before?

....No, it didn't - Built July 2005 "Build 06".
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2008, 22:24 »

Did yors not have dual before?

....No, it didn't - Built July 2005 "Build 06".

Didn't the GTs (not GTIs) have it from launch?
Bye Bye Edition 30