Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287087 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #950 on: 28 March 2010, 23:04 »
I agree Jenson had a good race, but don't take away from what Lewis did today..

what did lewis do ?  :huh: :undecided:

HE allowed the team to make a CALL

a CALL which Jenson said himself, he MADE it to change tyres

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lewis got mugged by his team mate, in qualifiying, and the race

and the aussie polis for his loan car.

and now the tears start, :cry:

Well done JB. :afro:

Spot on :afro:

bollucks.. absolute bollucks.. the call jenson made to go to slicks was totally different to hamilton being told to pit... end of the day as a driver you rely on the team to be your eyes and ears on the rest of the track.. yes..button took the gamble and it paid off.. not disputing that.. but hamilton was relying on the knowledge of the team and they f**ked him over...

hamilton is a better driver than button all day long...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #951 on: 28 March 2010, 23:11 »
bollucks.. absolute bollucks.. the call jenson made to go to slicks was totally different to hamilton being told to pit... end of the day as a driver you rely on the team to be your eyes and ears on the rest of the track.. yes..button took the gamble and it paid off.. not disputing that.. but hamilton was relying on the knowledge of the team and they f**ked him over...

hamilton is a better driver than button all day long...

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #952 on: 28 March 2010, 23:11 »
if you listen to Martin Whitmarsh as Jenson is being Weighed , his word were "good call on the tyres"

that was a driver tellin the team how he "felt" about the car

if the tyres felt good for Hamilton maybe he should have told the team he didnt need to pit

suppose thats the differance - Button called his own race instead of relying on the team to make that decision

Button for me all day long

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #953 on: 28 March 2010, 23:13 »
Australian gp probley one of the best of year. Each year seems action packed.

As for hamilton being angry. So would everyone after all that work. And then dick head webber crashing into him.

I think they control there anger pretty well.
Diesel power all the way

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #954 on: 28 March 2010, 23:18 »
dick head is a bit harsh , he just made a mistake. I seem to remember Hamilton crashing into the back of someone in the pit lane.

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #955 on: 28 March 2010, 23:23 »
Yeah it maybe a bit harsh lol. But would of been really good for two brits on the podium.
Diesel power all the way

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #956 on: 28 March 2010, 23:30 »
excellent drive by jenson a worthy winner called everything right good to see mclaren winning again :afro: unlucky for lewis did all his hard work and got tw@ted off the track  :angry: still plenty of races for a mclaren/brit one-two  :smiley:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #957 on: 28 March 2010, 23:35 »
I'm really looking forward to malaysia now, remember the downpour last year? hopefully we'll get a full race but it will almost certainly be wet.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #958 on: 29 March 2010, 07:14 »
if you listen to Martin Whitmarsh as Jenson is being Weighed , his word were "good call on the tyres"

that was a driver tellin the team how he "felt" about the car

if the tyres felt good for Hamilton maybe he should have told the team he didnt need to pit

suppose thats the differance - Button called his own race instead of relying on the team to make that decision

Button for me all day long

Again... 2 different calls.. they are lifetimes apart in the scenarios.. can people not see that...

There was always going to be a point where they change from ints to slicks.. button choose to go early because he thought it was dry enough.. ok fair enough good call.. but Hamilton wasn't in discussions with Mclaren about pitting.. he was pushing hard, on the back of Kubica and then the team tells you to pit.. obviously even if you think your ok at that moment (20 odd laps to go) you will think the team have pulled you in because they have intel that you dont actually have on the race track...

Hamilton is a better driver all day long
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #959 on: 29 March 2010, 08:03 »
One race to be remembered that one.
As for this Hamilton scenario, as much as I like him as a driver, he did act a little spoilt yesterday. The final decision to change tyres is down to him. What he did not bank on though is that the cars in front of him did not have any intention of changing their boots. Otherwise, it would have been the best call in the world and he may have won.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!