Author Topic: Private Registrations  (Read 11280 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Private Registrations
« on: 22 July 2009, 22:47 »
Anyone know the best sites to visit for a private reg ?

Misses birthday coming up soon and want to surprise her for when we get the car too.

Her name is Gillian and the day of her birthday is 28, "GIL 28" is friggin £5k +  :shocked: :shocked:

Anyone any thoughts and where the best cheapest places to buy are ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Private Registrations
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2009, 22:54 »
Google "vanity plates"?   :grin:

If I can't have M0 RAG, I'm not interested.  But they never allowed a zero as a single digit.  And if they did, I'd be trampled in the stampede.

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2009, 22:58 »

i used the DVLA website for my plate, they're usually pretty fair with their pricing.  mine is one prefix, double digit and my name at the end.  i.e. A22 BCD  cost 250 quid :)

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home

there's also newreg, tho i've never tried them - they seem to have a really good choice

i reckon search for the plate you want and then surf the sites looking for the best price.  more than one website will have the same plate.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2009, 23:04 »

http://www.newreg.co.uk/search/search_results/homepage/text/newSearch/none/none/GILLIAN/1/index.html

Cheers  :smiley:

Lots of pages to look through too so should find something from that lot. Then as you say, hunt the net for the best price.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2009, 08:20 »
It's almost always cheaper to go direct to the DVLA as their prices include the £80 assignment fee.

Some of the other places are advertising a lot of plates that they don't have and in many cases they advertise plates that are still for sale with the DVLA but they add £100 to the price.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2009, 09:16 »
my brother has one on his porsche (t0sser!), and his missus paid about £500 off the dvla website - was easy to use and came through pretty quick by all accounts.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2009, 15:51 »
DVLA is the best for price to be honest and everything is included (i.e. VAT and transfer fee). I think Newreg and the like, you need to add the VAT and transfer fee so things then get pricey...
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2009, 16:55 »
Private plates are all very well on old cars to disguise the age, but if you have a 59 plate you want to show it off for six months at least!!! No point in having the very latest model and pretending it's a 15 year old BMW 318, as that's what their owners seem to do.  :evil:

Then again if you're a self obsessed celebrity it's okay to put a nice plate on your Ferrari or R8 I guess..... :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2009, 16:59 »
Other than being 'in fashion', I fail to see the point of them...   :huh:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?