Author Topic: How much current??? (headunit related)  (Read 1250 times)

Offline tobz.

• I live here
How much current??? (headunit related)
« on: 07 July 2005, 14:46 »
Does anybody know how much current the switched 12v supply on the average headunit (4x45w) draws? Is the switched 12v just low current like the remote signal on an amp?
My reason for asking is I want to wire the headunit in my bus to operate as normal when driving but to run off the leisure battery when parked-up. For this I will run the permanent 12v to the leisure battery but want to be able to switch the other 12v between the leisure battery and an ignition switched 12v.
The switch I use for this purpose will therefore need to be capable of supplying the afore mentioned current.

cheers
Toby

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: How much current??? (headunit related)
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2005, 15:44 »
think its about 11.75v on my multimeter :rolleyes:

i wouldnt bother mate. Ive got a good battery and i can have ''tunes'' :cool: on for a whole day and the batt wont go flat
just seems like alot of hassle imo
:)

Offline tobz.

• I live here
Re: How much current??? (headunit related)
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2005, 16:05 »
Blue I need to know how many amps are drawn by the switched voltage.
The setup I'm talking about is in my camper which will already have a leisure battery system fitted to run lighting, tv, airbed pump etc etc. The van could be parked up for days at a time on a campsite so things like the stereo etc MUST run off the leisure battery to ensure the starter battery is still fully charged when it's time to move on.

You got any pics of your dad's split ?