Author Topic: Possibility On How To Make Infotainment Easier To Use  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Possibility On How To Make Infotainment Easier To Use
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2021, 11:54 »
Mind you I’m one of those people who doesn’t mind stop start either.
It’s not perfect but saves belching out fumes whilst stationary (most of the time).

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2021, 12:21 »
I've tried ESC on "Sport" before... you can definitely start to figure out what ESC does for you.

Given that VDM works by using ESC, DCC and the VAQ... that beautiful body control and flat handling does start to go away when you turn ESC down or off...

But I'm sure the purists want it off, so their Senna/God like motorsport skillz can shine on the way to the chip shop at road legal speeds  :whistle:

The main reason I added it to the short cut was a) to prove the nobs on youtube were making a fuss about how difficult it was to press the button b) for that moment when I test out launch control (you have to do it once right?)

Stop start, pretty much the same. I don't bother turning it off.... although I think with the Chicken Nugget in S mode, its disabled anyway.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2021, 12:52 »

The main reason I added it to the short cut was a) to prove the nobs on youtube were making a fuss about how difficult it was to press the button b) for that moment when I test out launch control (you have to do it once right?)

:grin: :grin:

I’ve still not tried launch control yet. God I’m boring.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner