Author Topic: Edition 45 news.....  (Read 5098 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Edition 45 news.....
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2021, 18:48 »
I’ve got a few CS45 screenshot configurations saved already from DTD. Too much time in my hands? Good discounts definitely as I think a lot of dealers will tow the line of less discount on a limited model. Problem for me is that DCC, if picked as the only option, takes you about £150 over the threshold. Gutted.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2021, 23:12 »
That is annoying as it’s just over, but the fact you can get pretty much the same discounts via dtd as on a regular clubsport is pretty surprising.

I spent a couple of weeks umming and ahhing over which options to get to keeper that under £40k and in the end just decided I didn’t want to compromise even if it means an extra £6.25 a week for years.

On one of these - you’ll either love it so much you won’t care or be able to sell it for more with the option as it’s gonna hold its value.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2021, 07:18 »
Some good points there Kenis. Anniversary models are always harder to get discount on. I managed to get a decent one on my ed35 which surprised me and it did hold its value exceptionally well. In fact when it went after 2 years (massive error) I had £5k equity.

The CS is the logical choice but I love an edition. 

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2021, 11:05 »

Now on the Drive the Deal seems a decent discount
White with Rear camera and winter pack added keeps in in the cheaper tax bracket

Just be mindful that if it is very close to £40k after extras and the car takes months to arrive, any price changes to list price will apply to your car tax on delivery.
The price you order at is what you pay VW but the list price it’s delivered at is what the car tax is set at.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2021, 11:09 »

White with Rear camera and winter pack added keeps in in the cheaper tax bracket

Just be mindful that if it is very close to £40k after extras and the car takes months to arrive, any price changes to list price will apply to your car tax on delivery.
The price you order at is what you pay VW but the list price it’s delivered at is what the car tax is set at.

Spot on as always Andy. I just decided that if you want an Ed45 then you will have to pay the higher tax if you want any meaningful options. DCC takes you a smidge over.  It’s the only option I want but if you want it you have to pay. Frustrating to say the least.

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2021, 12:34 »

Didn’t realise that - Thanks for the heads up

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2021, 12:39 »
My biggest dilemma at the minute is do I sell my CSS to buy one
I’ve a feeling that if I do I may well regret it

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2021, 12:42 »
Spend a bit of time in one first Sean.
The Clubsport has a similarly good chassis but as an overall package it’s no CSS. I don’t think anything will be again any time soon.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2021, 13:19 »
I’ve owned it from new and done 14,500 miles it’s been properly looked after and maintained
Tbh I’m only changing for changing sake as I still really enjoy driving it and owning it
It’s still in amazing condition being ceramic coated from new and this has been maintained topped up and reapplied
The underside has ACF50 applied 3 times per year
The inside is like new the seats have tailored covers on from the 1st day
At the minute they are making silly money I can sell it for more than I paid but for how long will that be the case
I don’t think there is anything else at this price point that’s comes close to the CSS
I toyed with a Yaris GR but I know it wouldn’t  for me
Looked at various used stuff Caymans M2 competition cars. etc but I’d be buying used then and prefer to own a car from new at least then I know the full history
Difficult call to make but what you say is right I do need to drive a Clubsport before making the decision

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2021, 13:51 »
It will be interesting to see how long this model runs for given that the Mk8 has just been released.  Unlike the Ed40 which ended up being time limited, the press release for the Ed45 does not mention a time, or number of units sold, cut off like the Ed40 press release did.  Maybe this model will run for some time which is why discounts are good?