Author Topic: Edition 45 news.....  (Read 5190 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Edition 45 news.....
« on: 27 April 2021, 20:57 »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 opens for order on 29 April

The exclusive Golf GTI Clubsport 45 opens for order on Thursday 29 April to celebrate the birthday of a Volkswagen icon.

Product information
The Golf GTI has been on the market since the summer of 1976. Volkswagen is marking its 45th birthday occasion with a special anniversary model – the Golf GTI Clubsport 45.

This exclusive anniversary model is based on the 300 PS Clubsport. Both models offer a front-axle locking differential integrated with the driving dynamics manager.

Visual highlights of the Clubsport include larger air intakes (delivering more oxygen to the TSI), a specially designed open roof spoiler to allow improved airflow (greater downforce), and a separate sport exhaust system.

The Clubsport 45 is ready to take to the road with more individual customisation than ever. The exterior boasts a striking black roof complete with black roof spoiler, in homage to the black-framed rear window of the first Golf GTI.

The Race package is available as standard and exclusive to the Golf GTI Clubsport 45. Equipment includes:

19-inch Scottsdale alloy wheels in a high-gloss black finish, with a narrow accent pinstripe detail in Tornado Red
Titanium Akrapovic sport exhaust system and removal of the Vmax limiter (maximum speed is 166mph versus 155mph on GTI Clubsport)
Edition 45 styling, including exclusive lettering on the side sill panel which characterizes the special GTI model and underlines its dynamic appearance
Black painted roof, upper shell of the spoiler and door mirror covers

£39980 OTR
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: Edition 45 news.....
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2021, 09:17 »
Now we have official details of the spec, with;
"The Race package is available as standard and exclusive to the Golf GTI Clubsport 45".

The additional cost for an Ed45 over a regular CS seems  to be the way to go, although discounts may be harder to find?

On the pricing front, if you order a basic car in white, I assume you limbo under the £40k additional tax hurdle?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2021, 09:32 »
I think you get the £555 first year VED as well over the price. I’m often wrong though.  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2021, 10:02 »
I think you get the £555 first year VED as well over the price. I’m often wrong though.  :grin:

Correct - the OTR price includes first year VED, the 40k limit is just the (list) price of the car itself.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2021, 10:36 »
That's the same price Coast2Coast was stating a few weeks ago, so they must have known back then. With their discount it was £36484 I seem to remember, which is still more than a vanilla R, but you do get the questionable 19's and the Akra as standard.

It seems the ED45 cost is all about that exhaust from what I can see, as we know its an expensive option.

I'd have gone for Black if I was getting one as think it looks best, even though you do loose the roof and mirror elements.

Bet it will be a rare model so will hold value nicely.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2021, 11:45 »
Looks like a batmobile   :lipsrsealed:
7.5 GTD

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2021, 17:03 »
Another Ed45 write up on PH, if anyone is interested?

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1929869

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2021, 19:03 »

"The Clubsport 45 is a piece of Volkswagen heritage in motion“  I think I need a lie down
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2021, 19:14 »

"The Clubsport 45 is a piece of Volkswagen heritage in motion“  I think I need a lie down

I was also amazed at that,,,,,,, with such promotion, they fear it isn't going to sell itself on merit? :)

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2021, 17:41 »

Now on the Drive the Deal seems a decent discount
White with Rear camera and winter pack added keeps in in the cheaper tax bracket