Author Topic: Current delivery times?  (Read 122181 times)

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
Re: Current delivery times?
« Reply #610 on: 20 December 2017, 21:34 »
Well, some good news today. My 5dr DSG indium grey GIT arrived at port of Tyne on Saturday evening, after a bit of a delay I got a stage 6 'your car is now in the UK and awaiting transportation' notification on Tuesday so called my dealer and spoke to VWCS who said it would take around 10-14 days to get my car to the dealers, happy days as, like everyone else the wait has been killing me.

This morning, I spoke to VWCS  to ask for an update, to my absolute astonishment they said my car had just arrived at the dealership!! Wow, that was fast, picking her up on Friday, cannot wait  :laugh: That's just over 6 weeks from ordering to delivery, it was an amended dealer specified car, but I'm still very impressed.

Order placed 8th November
Build week confirmed to be 11th December
Car actually build and left the factory 4th December
Stage 5a 'in transit' 4 weeks to go 5th December
5b 'in transit' 3 weeks to go 6th December
5c 'in transit' 10 days to go 16th December
Stage 6 'in the UK' 19th December
Stage 7 ‘nearly there’ 21st December
Collected 22nd December
« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 09:06 by TobyT »

Offline Scotty-LA

• Just got here
« Reply #611 on: 20 December 2017, 21:42 »
Well, some good news today. My 5dr DSG indium grey GIT arrived at port of Tyne on Saturday evening, after a bit of a delay I got a stage 6 'your car is now in the UK and awaiting transportation' notification on Tuesday so called my dealer and spoke to VWCS who said it would take around 10-14 days to get my car to the dealers, happy days as, like everyone else the wait has been killing me.

This morning, I spoke to VWCS  to ask for an update, to my absolute astonishment they said my car had just arrived at the dealership!! Wow, that was fast, picking her up on Friday, cannot wait  :laugh: That's just over 6 weeks from ordering to delivery, it was an amended dealer specified car, but I'm still very impressed.

Order placed 8th November
Build week confirmed to be 11th December
Car actually build and left the factory 4th December
Stage 5a 'in transit' 4 weeks to go 5th December
5b 'in transit' 3 weeks to go 6th December
5c 'in transit' 10 days to go 16th December
Stage 6 'in the UK' 19th December
Collecting 22nd December

Wow that was good going! Must have been the right time of the year to order.

I notice that VW have put a APR and slight price increase on the GTI; must be in anticipation of people starting to order for the March delivery.

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #612 on: 20 December 2017, 21:44 »
Oh yeah, the interest rate has gone up by 0.2%, I'm happy I ordered when I did!