Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 172276 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #390 on: 04 August 2017, 13:51 »
I would say the white silver in the photos looks close to Oryx White which I have on my Golf R. I would say the best light to see it would not be bright sunlight but more a hazy duller/weaker sunlight (i.e. evening sunlight) so you can see the sheen provided by the metallic/pearlescent paint.  When the sunlight is too bright the white is so reflective it is blinding and you cannot see the effect.  Also try looking at it through polarized sunglasses, it should look awesome.  I know this as the Oryx White paint on my car does when i wear my sunglasses. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #391 on: 04 August 2017, 18:46 »
Coming towards me tonight was an indium grey GTI and although the colour looked lovely it was the DRL's that really stood out. Just looked so cool

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #392 on: 04 August 2017, 19:23 »
I would say the white silver in the photos looks close to Oryx White which I have on my Golf R.
Except one is actually white and the other is actually grey.

Oryx is a gorgeous pearlescent white. With lots of metallic flake up close. Oryx looks good day and night. It would look fantastic with the GTI red touches.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #393 on: 04 August 2017, 19:38 »
My old oryx white CC up close.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline jamie_236

• Just got here
« Reply #394 on: 07 August 2017, 18:50 »
Not 100% sure this works but my white silver GTD was delivery today, so there a couple of picture on the link below for people interested in the colour. It really does change with the light throughout the day my neighbour comment on how nice the colour looked before i'd even managed to drive it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157649803@N02/shares/898f00

Offline MrE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #395 on: 07 August 2017, 23:21 »
Looks lovely- thanks for sharing.

Offline g19aby

• Just got here
« Reply #396 on: 08 August 2017, 16:09 »
Got my new 7.5 gtd and i went for the Isaac Blue. Love it.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #397 on: 08 August 2017, 16:29 »
I would say the white silver in the photos looks close to Oryx White which I have on my Golf R.
Except one is actually white and the other is actually grey.

Oryx is a gorgeous pearlescent white. With lots of metallic flake up close. Oryx looks good day and night. It would look fantastic with the GTI red touches.
This is the reason i said white silver looks close to oryx in the photos, because I suspected in reality it may have been a different colour.  Photos can be deceptive with certain colours.

I will have to agree with you that Oryx is indeed a gorgeous colour.  I have now had two cars with it on.  It makes all the difference in making a car look that extra bit special.     :wink:

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #398 on: 08 August 2017, 23:48 »
Not 100% sure this works but my white silver GTD was delivery today, so there a couple of picture on the link below for people interested in the colour. It really does change with the light throughout the day my neighbour comment on how nice the colour looked before i'd even managed to drive it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157649803@N02/shares/898f00

Looks great to me friend, way nicer then pure white. Surprised at the neg réactions it receives by some
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #399 on: 13 August 2017, 20:11 »
Damn! I saw an Atlantic Blue GTD on Friday night and thought it looked superb in the flesh.

Slightly annoyed that I have Issac Blue as my choice now!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.