Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 171965 times)

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #420 on: 10 September 2017, 21:25 »
Never had a red car in 20 years of car buying which maybe says something. Do like the red GTi but don't think I would buy it and wife definitely says no.

Oryx is too dear as its a lease car and no real advantage over Pure White in my opinion.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #421 on: 10 September 2017, 21:46 »
I'd stick with Indium Grey. There must have been a good reason why you chose it originally?

I think all the colours look nothing special if you see them in bad light.
7.5 GTD

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #422 on: 10 September 2017, 21:49 »
I chose Indium as kinda the best of the rest after Pure White and it probably still is for me. This GTi also had the standard Parker wheels which I hate so perhaps my car with Brescias will be a better looker.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #423 on: 10 September 2017, 23:13 »
I think I'd also stick with Indium. It's a very smart looking colour imo. As said none of the colours look great when dirty. And wheels make a big difference to the look too. I saw a new R recently in Indium and it had the black Prets. Thought it looked the dogs danglies.

Here's a GTI I've seen at a dealers here. Looked great imo!

free image hoster for websites
« Last Edit: 10 September 2017, 23:16 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #424 on: 11 September 2017, 07:12 »
Thanks for the pic. That car nice and clean with the 19" wheels does look good.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #425 on: 11 September 2017, 07:28 »
Never had a red car in 20 years of car buying which maybe says something. Do like the red GTi but don't think I would buy it and wife definitely says no.

Oryx is too dear as its a lease car and no real advantage over Pure White in my opinion.
I've learnt to ignore Watts and his red car obsession. I think he may well be colour blind anyway: )
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #426 on: 11 September 2017, 09:05 »
I never though I'd go for a red Mk7 but after having one on loan from the dealers for 3 weeks in the beginning of the year it really grew on me and even though it was covered in swirl marks when clean it looked fantastic. Then after seeing my sister's red 3 door clubsport I was sorry in a way that I didn't get red but still love night blue. I'm really sorry I didn't get a 3 door though.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #427 on: 11 September 2017, 09:30 »

I've learnt to ignore Watts and his red car obsession. I think he may well be colour blind anyway: )

TR could well be a cure for colour blindness :whistle: Yes, I am a bit obsessed but it is my first red car and it's great! My last few cars were black, grey and dark blue (covering around 17 years) and I was pleased with all of them and wanted Carbon Grey this time but first look at a TR car and that was it. I'm no extrovert so I suppose there's something psychological with my choice but that's above my little brain's ability to understand. Strange though in a recent thread on here about colours the survey had TR second favorite yet not many people seem to have it :huh: Anyway, best get back to cleaning my oven. Anyone got any good tips for that which don't involve deadly chemicals or hours of misery scrubbing? :cry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #428 on: 11 September 2017, 12:17 »
I'm surprised VW got rid of CG this year. It really suits the GTI and I don't think the colours they've replaced it with are as nice.
TR is a good colour to fair but oryx white on a CS is the kiddy.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #429 on: 11 September 2017, 13:24 »
I'm surprised VW got rid of CG this year. It really suits the GTI and I don't think the colours they've replaced it with are as nice.
TR is a good colour to fair but oryx white on a CS is the kiddy.

I agree, but then I think the colour palette on the whole has gone downhill. Reflex silver still has a place in the line up in my mind.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership