Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 171990 times)

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #380 on: 03 August 2017, 22:38 »
Some more White Silver pictures, which I hope show up the colour nicely.

Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #381 on: 03 August 2017, 23:00 »

I can tell you/anyone that is a great colour in the flesh, 2 months back I saw a white gloss Mk7.
GTD next to  white/silver GTD at Swindon inchcape and it stood out. It's different the sort of colour you look at twice and don't know why. It's basically Satin White, i like it. Bugger to match with a touch kit or paint shop I'd imagine.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #382 on: 03 August 2017, 23:35 »
I can tell you/anyone that is a great grey colour in the flesh.
... corrected that for you. :wink:

I have seen 3 in the flesh. White Silver Metallic = dull light grey in the flesh. I wanted to like it, but was really disappointed. :sad:
« Last Edit: 03 August 2017, 23:46 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #383 on: 04 August 2017, 07:36 »

I have seen 3 in the flesh. White Silver Metallic = dull light grey in the flesh. I wanted to like it, but was really disappointed. :sad:

I agree. For a change from my usual blue cars I fancied a silver car this time round but was disappointed when I saw this in the 'flesh'. So Issac Blue was ordered.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Boulton

• Not said much yet
« Reply #384 on: 04 August 2017, 10:23 »

I have a white silver GTI and in the sun it looks stunning, really shows off the metallic flake. Personally I think the GTD's look better in darker colours, but the with the red accents the GTI looks great in this colour. Everyone who has saw mine the first thing they compliment is the colour.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #385 on: 04 August 2017, 10:42 »
... looks great in this colour. Everyone who has saw mine the first thing they compliment is the colour.
... as a smack in the mouth often offends. :lipsrsealed:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #386 on: 04 August 2017, 10:48 »

Got to agree. I have seen 3 now out on the road and they looked a very dull grey, almost unpainted look. As I said before these were basic Golfs and maybe the GTi looks better but can't see it being transformed that much. I love my Pure White GTD but want a change hence my order is Indium Grey.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #387 on: 04 August 2017, 11:00 »
I have a white silver GTI and in the sun it looks stunning, really shows off the metallic flake. Personally I think the GTD's look better in darker colours, but the with the red accents the GTI looks great in this colour. Everyone who has saw mine the first thing they compliment is the colour.

I think the red stripe of the GTi and the black fins at the front are better highlighted on the lighter colours as this detail can be lost on the darker colours. Of course, everyone will have their own opinion and isn't it great that we're not all the same.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline MrE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #388 on: 04 August 2017, 12:10 »
Thanks for the White Silver snaps guys - appreciated. I am definitely in the love marmite camp  :drool:

Offline Mick.r

• Not said much yet
« Reply #389 on: 04 August 2017, 12:30 »
I think the silver white is an awesome looking colour when just polished in good strong sunlight or under bright lights at night, unfortunately here in good old Britain our gorgeous summer days traditional gloomy grey skies don't do it justice :sad: